- Date Posted:
- Recruiter: Gladrags Community Costume Resource
- Location:Brighton, East Sussex
- Job Type: Freelance
- Salary:£15-£17 per hour depending on experience GBP
- Applications have closed.
We are looking for someone with a person-centred approach to recruit, develop and support an effective volunteer team. Gladrags is an inherently sustainable organisation and the value we place on our people is an essential part of this. As the first point of contact for volunteers, you will match them to rewarding roles that sustain Gladrags’ core activities of costume hire and community activities. With responsibility for implementing a robust and rewarding volunteering programme, you will work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that volunteering aligns with our organisational aims, whilst equally attending to team wellbeing and positive volunteer experience.
As our organisation evolves, there is scope to bring new ideas to Gladrags; the Volunteer Coordinator would also be expected to address the following emerging priorities:
- developing further volunteering opportunities that support pathways into education, traineeships and employment and that provide accreditation
- building further diversity in the team, in particular cultural diversity
- broadening volunteering routes and forging links with new volunteer providers
We offer a friendly, creative and professional working environment in an open-plan space that incorporates both our volunteer team and the broad spectrum of beneficiaries and customers who visit our store. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all.