Opportunity for an experienced support worker to work within an Ofsted registered childrens home in Brighton. You will be supporting young peoople with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
The residents will often be from abusive backgrounds, and may be abusive themselves. Most young people accommodated in the home will also have had a disrupted education and will exhibit emotional and behavioural difficulties and will often be poorly adjusted for their age or the requirement placed upon them.
Role of the Support Worker
* Dealing with challenging behaviour (verbally abusive, possibly threatening behaviour)
* Requirement for positive role modelling at all times and maintaining a consistency of approach
* Dealing with constantly changing guidelines, procedures etc, that are being presented by our Governing Body
* Develop a functional approach in young people who are likely to have been rejected or have serious issues in coming to terms with their behaviour
* Support the young people to have equal opportunities to develop their independence & social skills in preparation for adult life.
* Liaise with parents, carers, other 3rd parties and the staff team.
* To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
* Ensuring placement plans are followed, policies, procedures, risk assessments and rotas are in place and education is supported.
Support worker shifts are made up of early's and lates, some with sleep ins attached.
Please send your CV across to be considered and I will be in touch for an initally discussion