Brighton College has an opportunity for a Cleaner to join the team based in Brighton. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis working 20 hours per week and in return, receive a competitive hourly rate of £9.00 per hour.
The Cleaner role:
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that all assigned areas are cleaned to the standards required in order to provide a clean and safe environment for pupils, staff and visitors. You should be able to work alone or within a team, under the direction of a team leader or cleaning supervisor.
Key responsibilities of our Cleaner:
- Assist with keeping designated areas clean use, including hallways, floors, toilets, showers, classrooms etc.
- Using the cleaning equipment and materials necessary to carry out duties in a safe way. This may include diluting and using cleaning chemicals as instructed with due regard to the COSHH regulations
- Operating cleaning machinery in accordance with instructions and within Health & Safety guidelines and to keep such machinery in a clean and safe condition reporting faults to the Head of Cleaning
- Collecting and removing rubbish from work areas to a collection point as directed
- Carrying out emergency cleaning as required –this may be as a result of accidents, sickness etc.
- Reporting defects such as faulty plugs, fuses etc. to your line manager
- Taking appropriate Health & Safety precautions, where necessary, whilst carrying out required duties, thereby ensuring the personal safety of all staff, pupils and visitors
- Ensuring all toilets, common areas, teaching rooms and surrounding areas including Music quad and covered walkway are clean and tidy and fully stocked at all times
- Responding to any reasonable management request.
As our Cleaner ideally you’ll have:
- Physical fitness, encompassing the ability to bend, stretch, lean, reach, carry heavy and awkward items
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A polite, cheerful and helpful attitude
- The ability to speak confidently and courteously to parents, pupils and staff at all levels pupils, and staff to all levels of seniority
-Some of your work could be physically demanding and involve lifting
- You may also need to work at heights using ladders
Working Hours: 5 days a week Mon-Fri from 16.00hrs to 20.00hrs (20 hours per week).
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Cleaner then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS