Vargo is working with a large blue chip client near Brighton, with a team of over 400 people servicing over 2.8 million customers and over 13,000 corporate clients. They have a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really care about helping their customers save for their future. Based on the Pensions team, you will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) and demonstrate a good knowledge and level of experience.
- Must be fully PMI qualified (essential)
- Professional qualifications in relation to the role are required, for example a Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) however equivalent relevant or demonstrable experience considered.
- Other desirable qualifications include Certificate in Financial Planning and/or any operational qualifications.
- Experience and knowledge of DC product solutions, accounting, reconciliation, payment transaction and reporting procedures across Own Trust, Mastertrust and contract based DC schemes.
- Excellent accounting skills, written and communication skills including good numeric and interpretation skills
- Ability to translate rules, regulations and current legislation into appropriate service delivery within strict timescales
- Proficient in Microsoft PC packages; knowledge of accounting packages
- Demonstrable communication skills - previous client facing meeting and experience at a senior level within significant employers and intermediaries/partners is a requirement.
- Previous experience in a similar pensions accounting role, including sound knowledge of accounts production to trial balance.
- Production of statutory accounts preferred
- Capable of applying compliant policies, procedures and processes in accounting situations.
- Ability to analyse data with an attention to detail and ability to embed, refine and followed operational processes and client requirements
- Experience of engaging with all different levels within an organisation and leading the delivery of the production of annual accounts in line with the expectations of Clients
If you believe you would be an asset to our client in Hove, please get in touch with the team