Do you have recent experience of working and supporting children in a secondary school? If you are a passionate and highly motivated Teacher who wants to create an outstanding centre for education in a specialist hospital environment then join Brighton & Hove Clinic as a Part-Time Maths Teacher.
You will be responsible for leading and developing the maths curriculum as well as providing pastoral care to a small tutor group. As a Part-Time Maths Teacher, you will have experience in teaching KS3 to 5 and will be confident in delivering additional subjects, such as ICT or Computer Science. You will be working one day a week (7.5 hours), preferably a Wednesday.
* Applications are to be made using the Elysium Children and Education application form only. Please email Emma Holt, School Administrator via email: to request the form
* CVs will not be accepted
* Due to the nature of our provision, pre-application visits will not be facilitated
Role - Part-Time Maths Teacher (KS3-5)
Location - Brighton, Sussex
Salary - Competitive
Start Date - January 2020
Hours - 7.5 on a Wednesday
Closing Date - 18th December 2019
To be successful in this role, you'll need
* QTS and previous experience of working with young people in a school secondary setting
* experience delivering KS3, GCSE and A-Level Mathematics
* experience of leading and developing a maths curriculum
* the ability to deliver an additional subject such as ICT or Computer Science
* excellent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
* the ability to use their initiative to support the learning needs of all young people and work well as part of a team
* hobbies / interests / skills that contribute to a wide curriculum offer
* a confident, caring and patient personality
* a desire to work with professionals from other clinical and non-clinical disciplines
* commitment to on-going training and development
Where will you be working:
You will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team at Brighton & Hove Clinic in Brighton, a specialist provision for young people within a dedicated on-site hospital school. The service offers the opportunity for young people to develop a personalised curriculum that meets the needs of individual learner.
What you will get
* Competitive salary PRO RATA
* Standard school holiday entitlement
* Free meals
* Wellbeing support and activities
* Career development and training
* Pension contribution
* Life Assurance
* Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care and education.
Each and every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care and education programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.
With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure