Community Fundraising volunteer - Promoting the British Red Cross
Location: Brighton & Hove
This role is not office based and is undertaken in the local area.
Commitment: The days required for this role are flexible
Are you a confident, sociable and outgoing person who enjoys meeting new people and would like to put your energy to use in supporting a great cause?
Community fundraising volunteers champion local fundraising and act as ambassadors of the British Red Cross - raising awareness of our cause, our fundraising events and our activities. To attract support in your area, we would love your help to talk about the great work we do at home and abroad as well as promoting our local fundraising activities.
Could this role be for you?
This could be the ideal opportunity for you if you are interested in gaining experience in fundraising and building your skills in community outreach and social media marketing.
You will have the opportunity to travel within your local community and support with generating awareness and promoting the Red Cross.
Who are we?
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts. We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network.
Our local community fundraisers are a welcoming and friendly bunch, always looking to come up with fun and dynamic ideas to raise awareness and funds to support what we do.
Who are you?
If you are looking to join our team, we hope that you are:
- An approachable, sociable and confident individual
- A passionate communicator who is keen to learn more about the British Red Cross
- An enthusiastic team player who can work unsupervised when necessary.
- Flexible and reliable in terms of availability
What could you do?
As a community fundraising volunteer, we might ask you to:
- Create awareness in your community and showcase our work by approaching local community groups, businesses and organisations.
- Support in local fundraising events such as fayres, supermarkets and presentations.
- Promote events locally using posters and other marketing materials and channels.
- Use your contacts, skills and experience to help the British Red Cross gain further reach and support.
The above activities can be undertaken from home and are flexible in terms of days and times undertaken. Opportunities to volunteer at a local Red Cross site may also be available.
Reasonable travel expense may be reimbursed by prior agreement with the community fundraising manager.
Please ask for further details.
We will be in touch to provide further details on this role and next steps after you apply.