Just Brighton Jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
We are looking for a Systems and Requirements Engineering Associate Manager to join our team in Brighton and be responsible for leading a team of five engineers who perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include; concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Within this role as an Associate Manager it will also encompasses the management Safety and Reliability and Configuration Management. ILS is currently subcontracted out, but this function also requires management with the possibility of developing an internal capability.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
* Optimise process and procedures for Systems and Requirements (including DOORs), Safety and Reliability, Configuration Management and ILS functional.
* Prioritise activities for Systems and Requirements, Safety and Reliability, Configuration Management and ILS functional activities.
* Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
* Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
* Supervise individual(s) typically professional Engineers.
* Lead, direct and review the work of direct report(s) to accomplish near-term operational plans and results.
* Provide input on hiring, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for own organisation
* Support project monthly estimating and manage own work to meet cost estimates and schedule
* Support Investigations, solutions and write reports
* Follow procedures to meet the requirements of ISO-9001
* Support internal, customer and supplier meetings
* Comply with QA requirements and QA procedures
Experience & Skills:
* 15 years Product System Development experience
* Experience across multiple sectors including aerospace.
* Mechanisms and pneumatics an advantage
* Full life cycle design experience required
* Perform work accurately and with minimal supervision
* Design problems and challenges to be resolved quickly and ingeniously
* Low product costs to be designed in from the outset
* Extraordinary effort to be made to rectify delays and overcome difficulties
Apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the position in more detail