Our client operates in the Southern region from their offices in Brighton. The company’s expertise spans across all civil engineering activities.
The company is involved in civil engineering and marine works with some utilities
To enhance their team, they are looking for a civil engineering Senior Estimator, the role requirements and job description are identified below.
Overall Purpose of Role:
Preparation of accurate and complete net estimates on time for adjudication in a way that enhances, maintains and develops customer relationships.
* Influencing and negotiation skills.
* Knowledge, experience and knowhow.
* Communication skills.
* Business and customer focused.
* Presentation skills.
* Technical ability.
* Preparation of enquiry documents.
* Cost, time and resource planning.
* Temporary works design liaison.
* Pricing of multiple tenders concurrently, ranging in value from £1k to £Multi Million.
* Analytical pricing of a complete / broad range of civil engineering projects.
* Sourcing and selection of sub-contractor quotations.
* Calculation of site management and preliminary costs.
* Contract appraisal and final negotiations.
* Ability to produce bills of quantities.
* Use of Conquest Estimating System.
* Preparation of accurate and complete net estimates on time for adjudication in a way that enhances customer relationships.
* Preparation of commercial review of contract terms
* Obtain (on selected projects) sign-off from the allocated Business Manager that the tender reflects the optimum construction methodology and programme.
* Preparation of risk / opportunities register
* Initial customer assessment
* Ensure proper handover of the tender to the project delivery team in accordance with Company standards