Just Brighton Jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Civil Engineer for our CMDP joint venture framework. Based at the Falmer (Brighton) office you will provide superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts.
CMDP is a joint venture between MWH Treatment and Costain and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Design Manager and the responsibilities will include:
* Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
* Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
* Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department.
* Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
* Monitor and review the procedures and processes
* Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
* Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to MWH Treatment in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are coordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
* Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
* Assist in supervising and developing staff
* Civil Engineering degree (Preferable)
* Membership of a professional institution chartered or nearing chartership
* Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
* Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts