Just Brighton Jobs
- Part Time
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Brighton College is seeking to appoint a Security Officer on a zero hour contract and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £10.88 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay).
About the role:
The primary responsibility of the Security Officer is to be one of the first points of contact for visitors, staff and pupils visiting Brighton College, therefore, excellent communication skills whilst being able to manage situations in a calm manner are essential.
General duties and responsibilities as our Security Officer include:
– Be proactive regarding the security of the College, Prep School and Pre-Prep School
– Deal with pupils, staff, governors and visitors in a calm, friendly and helpful manner
– Unlock and secure exits, entrances and buildings on College premises at designated times
– Liaise with organisers of events being held during duty shift. This will include external clients as well as College staff and pupils
– Random patrol of College grounds and buildings
– Respond to emergency calls from staff, pupils and Health Centre
– Basic investigation and report writing
What we are looking for in our Security Officer:
– Experience working within a Security role
– Experience of working in a fast-paced, customer-orientated role
– A SIA licence would be desirable
– A first aid qualification would be desirable
– Have a genuine interest in working within a school setting
Benefits of working at Brighton College include:
– Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to a variety of exercise classes (including spin, circuits and yoga) and use of the gym and swimming pool
– Complimentary lunch is provided during term time
– Job specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees
– Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period
– Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
– Well-being programme including: healthy heart checks, access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library and English Language classes
– Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme.
Hours: This will be a zero hours contract. The post-holder will need to be able to cover early and late shifts, including weekends and nights.
Closing date for Security Officer applications: midday on Monday 5 April 2021
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS