Position: Scrum Master
Location: Brighton, East Sussex (remote initially and then a minimum of two days a week on-site, once lockdowns have passed)
Job Type: Full Time, permanent
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000, depending on experience
Benefits: Healthcare, pension, local discounts, a cycle to work scheme and additional annual holiday accrual on top of 25 days and bank holidays.
Are you looking to join a close-knit development team with bold ambitions? As the Scrum Master you’ll provide leadership that supports our developers to be effective with a shared sense of direction. You’ll do this by coaching using Agile Scrum methodologies and work to resolve challenges that distract from a project’s completion.
You’ll be essential in aiding the business to revolutionise our technology and expand our product offering. If you’re someone who is driven by results in areas of product development and have a passion for facilitating discussions that drive innovation, we’d be interested in hearing from you.
To be successful on this role you’ll need to demonstrate:
– Are accredited to Practitioner level in an industry recognised Agile project management methodology.
– Hold 3+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master or Team Lead within a software development team.
– Experienced in coaching multi-disciplinary teams in Agile best practice.
– Able to work to deadlines and manage your workload autonomously.
– Commercially aware and driven by results.
– Collaborative and can contribute to our professional, ethical and friendly culture.
It is not essential but would be beneficial if you hold experience in Azure DevOps (TFS) and quality assurance processes, tools and automation.
Why work for Vero?
– It’s our driving ambition to create value in everything we do.
– We listen, learn and make smart decisions.
– We attract positive and trustworthy employees, who strive to embrace our honest and supportive culture.
– We’re committed to nurturing our talent and seeing our people flourish.
– We embrace challenges and actively seek out opportunities to excel.
Since our inception in 2006, we’ve strived to become experts in our field and are now the largest independent screening company in the UK. We’ve worked hard to establish our reputation for excellence in service and state-of-the-art technology. Our clients see us as both a critical supplier and a close partner, working collaboratively with their HR teams to onboard new employees quickly and compliantly. Our multi-lingual, interdisciplinary team of screening specialists ensure we operate in alignment with legislation, data protection and local cultures. There’s more to employment screening than you might think and there’s plenty of exciting change on the horizon.
The important basics
Vero Screening recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role.
A basic criminal record check with DBS will be required for all successful applicants, having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working with us. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances of your offences.
You may have experience of the following: Agile, Agile Coach, Agile Leader, Scrum, Scrum Master, Agile Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Agile Delivery, Agile Development, SAFe, etc