Our client is an agile global aerospace and defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Job Location – Brighton, UK
About the role:
We are looking for a Safety & Reliability Engineer to join our clients team in Brighton working on complex electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic subsystems.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Calculate product reliability by carrying out analysis using 217Plus (MIL-HDBK-217F), NPRD and/or Bellcore/Telcordia to calculate failure rates, MTBF’s and other calculations related to reliability.
* Familiarity with DEF STAN 00-40, DEF STAN 00-42 and MIL-HDBK-338B to understand and interpret customer / internal RM&T specifications to extract technical requirements.
* Develop, coordinate and conduct technical RMS studies and evaluations of engineering designs relative to ; reliability predictions, Safety Management Plans, Fault Tree Analysis, FMECA’s, Hazardous Materials List, Hazard Analysis etc.
* Write safety cases using DEF STAN 00-56 including supporting documentation.
* Analyze Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses in accordance with MIL-STD-1629 tasks and/or SAE ARP4761.
* Reliability prediction experience using MIL-HDBK-217, Telcordia, NSWC, and/or PRISM.
* Parts selection and control, testability, and failure reporting and corrective action resolution in accordance with a military/aerospace requirements.
* Parts stress de-rating
* Fault Tree Analysis
* Testability and BIT coverage analyses
* System Safety Hazard Analysis (military programs) MIL-STD 882
* Analysis of logistics elements such as Spares Provisioning, Level of Repair Analysis and/or Life-Cycle Cost analysis.
Experience & Skills:
* Qualified in Engineering, Math, Physics or related engineering field or equivalent experience
* Experience working within the guidelines of RMS Government Specifications, Handbooks and applications.
* Experience with reliability analysis of aircraft and space equipment, military and commercial.
* Experience with reliability prediction software- e.g. RELEX, Weibull Block SIM,
* Goal Structure Notation (GSN) experience would be very advantageous Interest in forensic engineering, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action.
* Desirable to have a diversified background in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, and Safety Engineering fields.
* A background in complex Military or Aerospace systems is a benefit.
We are interested in receiving applications from Mechanical Engineering professionals, with experience in safety and reliability testing If you are looking to work for a secure and innovative company and you are in need of a new challenge, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the position and company in more detail