Remote Software Architect – Remote working – up to £80k + benefits
A leading Digital Software Technology company based in Brighton, East Sussex are looking to recruit a Software Architect with a technical development background ideally in Microsoft .Net technologies to provide technical strategy and design for a number of their new Digital technology products they are bringing to market. This role will be remote with some occasional travel (once per quarter) to either the London or Brighton offices.
This company operate a range of websites and other systems on multiple SaaS and Azure Cloud platforms with an international audience of Students and Universities. They manage the development of these platforms and software using an Agile methodology to maximise the timely delivery of business value.
This company are undertaking a substantial reengineering program to develop several of their existing digital platforms and extend their capabilities and services for new products.
The work will include establishing and maintaining the reference architecture, supporting integration with business systems and processes, designing appropriate security, data and operational models, technology selection and providing design guidance for other team members. The Software Architect will use that architecture to support a team extending existing and new systems as requirements emerge, provide technical leadership and be custodian of the product technical vision.
* Designing architecture with a focus on performance and scalability
* Identify, document, maintain and communicate the reference architecture on which digital solutions will be based.
* Own and communicate the architecture vision within Digital Systems, acting as a conduit to other IT departments to align and ensure congruency.
* Support the creation of architectural roadmaps.
* Set standards and approaches for Scrum teams to follow.
* Use a Domain-driven approach to structure bounded contexts.
* Produce designs to implement solutions based on the architecture.
* Identify appropriate technologies, techniques and products to implement designs
Skills and Experience:
* Demonstrable history of designing digital solutions.
* In depth knowledge of a range of technologies used to deliver digital experiences and at least one cloud SaaS platform.
* Track record of designingperformant B2B and B2C products for a global audience.
* Experience of data and process modelling.
* History of specifying system integrations and architectures (event driven architecture, distributed systems, microservices, serverless).
* Application design for performance.
* Strong communication skills in a global organisation.
* Understanding of continuous deployment approaches and containerisation (Kubernetes, Docker etc)
This company offer a superb team working environment, flexible remote work hours and are undertaking a £multi-million investment in their systems and technologies, and as a Digital Software Architect you will be instrumental in the success of these projects moving forward.
Please send your CV for immediate interview