Just Brighton Jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK. We work with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement.
We have a fantastic office located in the heart of Brighton that is a short distance from the train station, shops and the sea.
We put our 700+ employees first by supporting flexible working and offering a diverse, lively and inclusive environment. This includes LGBT+ Network (PROUD), Women’s Network, BAME Network (ME), and a Disability Network, which offer supportive spaces to connect.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work. We do all we can to support our people reach their full potential with training, secondment and development opportunities.
· We’re looking for a specialist to be responsible for undertaking and delivery of enforcement investigations and production of Investigatory reports across all enforcement types
· Establish and undertake investigative strategies for enforcement:
o Progress investigations allocated to you in line with Performance Indicators
o Interaction with the regulated industry, members of schemes, other regulators / law enforcement organisations or other parties to secure and test information and evidence in the correct manner
o Acquire, assimilate and assess complex information and make judgements on that information with or without the support of advisers.
o Prudent financial management of investigation costs
o Evidence handling and assessment of Digital data, Paper records, Business accounts and reports, Bank accounts and other personal financial data, Communications Data and Potentially, Communications Data obtained through IPA
o Obtaining required investigation outcomes in line with investigatory strategies and seek input from advisers as required
o Produce an Investigation Report with recommendations for appropriate enforcement action
· Delivery of investigations in line with the schedule of delegations and in accordance with the decision-making framework
Essential and Desirable Criteria
· Knowledge and experience of investigation techniques and legal requirements for the conduct of investigations in either civil, regulatory or criminal work
· Working knowledge of legal requirements relating to evidence gathering and disclosure, and interviewing
· Awareness of litigation processes including regulatory, civil and criminal proceedings
· Experience of analysing financial or business information and identification of risks
· Experience in conducting formal interviews
· Experience of drafting investigation outcome reports Desirable
· Experience of applying for and executing inspections and warrants and undertaking searches
· A recognised qualification in Financial Investigation or equivalent in-depth experience of financial investigations
· Proactive and flexible
· Ability to prioritise and use initiative
· Negotiating skills
· Problem solving and analytical skills
· Communication skills at all levels
· Attention to detail and accuracy
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary from £39,390 to £52,289 per annum dependent on skills and experience with access to performance related pay, bonus and civil service pension scheme we offer:
· Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
· discretionary bonus arrangements
· access to performance related pay progression
· 25 days annual leave provision
· flexible working arrangements
· development opportunities
· enhanced parental leave arrangements
· a free employee assistance programme
· an excellent office location in Brighton