- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:£24000 - £35000/annum GBP
A Tier 1 Main Contractor are looking for a new receptionist in the Brighton area:
The Contractors are looking for an experienced and talented Receptionist to be first point of contact for the office dealing with all enquiries, whether in person or by telephone.
This will involve operation of the telephone switchboard and liaison with the staff, internal/external customers and other stakeholders including members of the public in Brighton.
About the role: You will be working within our Construction London & Home Counties business, where you will:
* Answer the telephone promptly politely and pleasantly and transfer calls to the appropriate employees, offering help and assistance as required
* Greet and assist visitors with visitor badges or escort them to an office or meeting room
* Handle questions about the business
* Maintain a pleasant appearance of the reception area and office space.
* Undertake all duties in an efficient manner and professional manner
* Ensure that reception is always covered and operate the phone system in an efficient and professional manner, ensuring all telephone calls are answered promptly, courteously, and in accordance with the Contractors standards
* Ensure all telephone connections are made as quickly as possible bearing in mind busy times and meetings that may be in progress
* Record and promptly and accurately pass all messages to colleagues.
* Receive and welcome visitors and ensure that they consistently receive a professional, friendly and courteous welcome
* Ensure a sign in/out system is in place and is fully implemented at all times
* Promptly attend to customers’ needs
* Control meeting room bookings, troubleshoot AV/IT issues in meeting rooms and provide refreshments as required
* Open all incoming post, scanning when appropriate and distributing to the relevant person / team
* Ensure the new starter process runs smoothly by ordering IT, PPE and arranging inductions
* Put together ad hoc PowerPoint presentations
* Support the office manager with ad hoc administration duties.
Ideally you will have:
* Experience of delivering an excellent customer service
* Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* A positive attitude with an eagerness to learn and take on tasks
What are we looking for?
As an experienced Receptionist, you will have a good standard of education either GCSE level or equivalent (NVQ Level 2). Ability to deal effectively with colleagues, senior management and clients, ability to work alone as well as part of a team, good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills