Degree / HND or Industry experience. Ideally time served in a CNC environment
Copello are working with an international manufacturer providing key products into a variety of sectors including: Defence, Security, Telecoms, Automotive and Consumer products.
They are seeking a Quality Engineer who is articulate in report writing and ideally from a machined components background. It would also be beneficial to have good product flow knowledge and DFMEA / FMEA experience.
Working from their site on the South Coast (SE) and commutable from Bexhill, Brighton, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells, Ashford, Eastbourne The Quality Engineer will work as a key member of the Quality team to assist in ensuring the quality of products manufactured but working to lead quality improvements to manufacturing processes / parts and to systematically eliminate defects and rejected components by the customer. You will also lead the internal investigations into any issues arising as a result of a customer complaint, managing the customer relationship and ensuring high levels of customer service in resolving any issues.
Key tasks / deliverables:
– Manage the Customer relationship by dealing with any quality queries in an efficient and timely manner
– Lead and drive the "right first time" culture within the quality areas and continue to build on best practice.
– Maintain all quality Documentation.
– Create accurate and timely reports on all quality defect investigations, presenting written corrective and preventative recommendations.
– Audit manufacturing and control systems.
– Co-ordinate corrective measure by liaising with other departments ensuring that actions / reports are conducted using PPSR's & 8D
– Assist with other general departmental activities such as; KPI measures, return notifications for suppliers and internal teams.
– Ideally you will be qualified to at least ONC level or C&G in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
– Previous experience in a Factory / Warehouse / CNC environment.
– Experience with mechanical Measurement techniques.
– Able to use electrical and mechanical equipment.
– Excellent communication skills
– Able to read BS308 drawings.
– Understanding of control plans
– Good ability to work well between internal and external customers.
For further information, or to apply, contact