We are currently recruiting for:
Purchase Ledger / Accounts Assistant
£18,000 – £22,500, depending on experience.
Are you an organised, flexible, administrative finance professional? Do you have outstanding attention to detail and a keen eye for detail? We are looking for an experienced and approachable Purchase Ledger / Accounts Assistant to join our wonderful finance team.
What we need from you:
* Handling of all aspects of Purchase Ledger from invoice processing to BACS runs
* Management of Purchase Cards, Petty Cash, and ordering
* Involvement in accruals and Prepayments
* A good grasp of accounts
* First point of contact for finance queries
* Organised and efficient
* Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
* Ideally have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar medium-large organisation.
* Qualified to at least AAT Level 3
* A collaborative working style and a flexible approach to work.
Specifics to role:
* Our finance team has recently returned to working in the office.
* This role is split across both our Brighton and Seaford sites.
* Working hours are 8:30am – 4:30pm, 52 weeks a year.
* You will report directly to our Finance Manager.
What’s in it for you:
* 32 days holiday for the year plus Bank Holidays
* Wellbeing initiatives and coaching available
* On-site parking and bike racks
* Training opportunities and we will invest in your professional development.
St. John’s is committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people, vulnerable adults and children. Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance. We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills, and stories to join our staff team and influence and develop our working practice. We are particularly keen to hear from people who are currently underrepresented in our staff team and will invite for interview all candidates who meet the role criteria and identify as disabled and/or from a Black, Asian, or minority ethnic background. St. John’s school and College are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation