Konnect Recruit are currently seeking an established Project Manager to take the lead of a £30m project near Brighton. The conversion/new build scheme consists of RC frame apartments and new houses. You will be working with a Sussex based contractor who are very busy with large schemes on the South Coast.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
– Produce project construction programmes
– Control costs, timing and quality in line with targets within the project programme.
– Efficient use of all build teams and resources.
– Record and report the progress of each project and maintain a correct reporting and financial record for each project for both the client and Creative Spaces
– Accurate interpretation and understanding of contract documents, construction programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
– Prepare small scale cost variations to project base values.
– Manage build teams including external consultants.
– Liaise with the site team to co-ordinate the use and installation of correct materials to prevent any potential on-site issues.
– Ensure consistent implementation of standard site practice and safety procedures.
– Manage project handover and ensure defect free completion.
– Manage client expectations and adopt a professional and friendly approach to maintain good working relations.
The successful candidate should have skills including:
• Minimum qualification: NVQ level 6 / HNC in Project Management or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience within construction project management
• Computer literate with good experience of Microsoft office
• Proven track record of successfully delivered projects
• Must be a strong negotiator with exceptional planning, multi-tasking and communication skills.
• Strong understanding of construction technologies and building regulations.
• Team player
• Self-starter, autonomous with excellent time management
• Friendly and approachable for clients
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent spoken and written communication
• Strong Leadership skills
For more information please click apply or contact Rob using the details below