Just Brighton Jobs
This training organisation in Brighton are seeking a UK Primary Teacher experienced in teaching years 5 and 6, who is willing to adapt and teach Maths and English Functional Skills to 16 – 24 year olds.
Your Cv will clearly state you are an experienced UK Primary Teacher in Key Stage 2.
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days + 8 bank holiday days paid holiday (pro-rata)
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, delivery and development of our Traineeship programme for 19-24 year olds. This position is suitable for a self-starter who would enjoy a varied and fast paced role. You will be responsible for the teaching and assessment of City and Guilds qualifications. The Traineeships programme (26 weeks in duration) will consist of the following:
Core aim work experience with a local employer (minimum 70 hours).
Learners who have GCSE grade 3 or below in Maths/English will study Functional Skills (55 GLHs per qualification).
Development of Employability Skills (Level 1 Award – 60 GLHs) – e.g. planning for progression, CV/personal statement writing, interview skills etc.
Performance will be measured against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering learner recruitment, retention, progress, timely reviews, successful completion and progressions. Quality will be monitored and measured through the organisation’s comprehensive quality assurance and improvement arrangements
1. Deliver Employability Skills and Functional Skills (Maths and English) in small groups (6 learners per session).
2. Implement effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
3. Co-produce Individual Learning Plans for each learner, taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
4. Contribute to on-going development of schemes of work and curriculum plans.
5. Implement differentiation in teaching and learning.
6. Attend and participate in meetings and produce reports as requested.
7. Attend training events / courses as required, maintaining own CPD and contribute to curriculum development.
8. Be responsible for and effectively manage a caseload of learners (30 learners per year).
9. Maintain a high standard of training and ensure performance targets are achieved.
10. Ensure learners understand the requirements of their programme prior to enrolling.
11. Provide ongoing information, advice and guidance to learners from enrolment to progression, along with signposting to external sources of support.
12. Monitor and mark learners’ work.
13. Complete and maintain individual learning plans and progress reviews.
15. Liaising with the Traineeships Support Officer to ensure all learners have a work placement.
16. Lead activities to complement classroom-based sessions.
17. At all times ensure that safe working practices are adopted in compliance with relevant health and safety procedures.
18. Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment and comply with company policy and procedures and relevant legislation relating to equality and diversity.
19. Coach, guide and encourage learners to give them the necessary skills, motivation and knowledge to progress.
20. Facilitate effective timely reviews with learners and provide appropriate pastoral support to learners to enable them to complete their courses.
21. To lead on marketing and engaging with external stakeholders to ensure that learners are recruited and enrolled on the courses.
22. Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post.
Teaching qualification (i.e. PTLLS or above)
English and Mathematics qualifications at Level 2
Previous experience of delivering Functional Skills and Employability Skills
Skills and abilities
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
Excellent ICT skills
Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
Ability to engage and support young people
Ability to communicate effectively with learners from a wide range of abilities
Ability to work as a member of a team
Reliable, punctual and responsible
Committed to inclusion
Clean driving license and access to own car
You will need an enhanced DBS for this position.
Due to the large volume of response we receive you will only be contacted if your skills and experience match what our client is looking for.
Check out the BENEFITS of working for Integritas on our website.
As defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Integritas Education is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, and our legal basis for processing your personal data is 'Legitimate Interests’. You have the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website