Just Brighton Jobs
Do you want to develop your therapy career in a specialist SEN division?
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive Occupational Therapist to join our skilled multidisciplinary therapy team. Our therapy team are highly skilled and looking to expand their department.
This is a dual sited role over our school site in Seaford and college site in Brighton.
You will make a difference by:
* Maintaining an agreed caseload and carry out appropriate assessments, define treatment goals, plan, and provide appropriate treatment using individual, joint and group therapy.
* Integrating and monitoring treatment programmes in the student’s environment.
* Assess and recommend suitable equipment to enable independence for daily living and organize for its provision and instruct on safe use.
* Establish effective communication with other Therapy, Education and Care staff members involved in learner referral and management.
* Establish effective communication and liaison with family/carers of learners accessing the Occupational Therapy service.
* Liaise with medical, nursing, care, education, and therapy and other professionals working with learners to provide a co-ordinated and consistent approach encouraging generalisation of skills.
* Provide formal verbal and written reports when required and attend internal case conferences including Annual Reviews and Individual Learning Programmes.
Our Core Values:
We expect you to share the above values as an employee and promote them to the young people we offer our services to throughout their journey at St. John’s.
We offer our therapy team:
* Ongoing clinical supervision from an Occupational Therapist supervisor
* Free healthcare cash plan
* Free training, ongoing career development and the opportunity to obtain nationally recognised qualifications.
* Continuous opportunities for developing into new roles and taking on more responsibility.
* Cinema, wellbeing, gym, and health discounts at local providers.
* Dedication to our employees’ wellbeing, including a wellbeing drop-in service, free counselling, and wellbeing coaching.
* Salary increase once you have completed probation with clear salary levels thereafter and bonuses on completion of 1 year and 25 months service
* On-site parking and bike racks.
Specifics to role:
· 40 hours per week
· 38 weeks per year
St. John’s is committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people, vulnerable adults and children.
Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion