At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future. As one of the world’s leading providers of contraception and safe abortion care, we give women the means to do so. Across 37 countries, we provide high quality, safe services, and work with advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has safe access to services when and where they are needed. Because when a woman can determine her own future, she can contribute to creating a better, more sustainable future for everyone.
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce which is representative of the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We are committed to promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
What will I be doing?
Leading the clinical team in Brighton and surrounding clinics to deliver the best possible experience for clients
Inspiring the team to develop their clinical and behavioural skills and promoting a high challenge, high reward culture
Driving the quality and standard of care across all sites
Building the reputation of our service in the Brighton area by nurturing relationships with CCG commissioners, CQC Relationship Manager, Multi-disciplinary services including sexual health, safeguarding and primary care colleagues.
Having direct links with UK policy owners and project managers to help shape the services we provide
Liaising with the Multi-Site Clinical Services Matron to ensure consistency or quality and standards across the South of the UK.
About the role
As a respected professional and experienced clinician, the post holder will lead by example, motivate and empower other staff and ensure high standards of care are set and delivered. Specifically, the Deputy CSM will ensure they support the Clinical Services Matron (CSM) to:
- Deliver excellence in clinical practice and that care is promoted across all services provided by MSIUK
- Ensure that clients are cared for in a safe, clean environment
- They will support the CSM to promote excellence in client experience ensuring clients are treated with dignity and respect
- They will support the CSM in providing strong clinical leadership and management of the designated centre
- The Deputy Clinical Services Manager will support the CSM to make a proactive contribution to planning for and improving future services within the centre and take an active lead in service transformation.
The post holder under the leadership and support of the CSM to:
- In delivering the quality and standards of care agenda, particularly supporting the CSM to provide assurance around compliance with regulatory and internal standards of care.
- Supporting the Regional Manager to ensure there are effective processes in place in the designated Centre and that client flow enhances the quality of client care, experience and
- Support the CSM to ensure a positive culture of clinical excellence, openness, professionalism, continuous improvement and high-quality care is embedded and promoted within all
clinical staffing groups.
- Under the leadership of the CSM, act as a visible role model providing positive, professional and accountable leadership to clinical staff at the Centre
- Fulfil the role of line manager for direct reports
- Proven experience of working at clinical team leaders level managing staff
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of healthcare
- Experience of HR processes, financial management and clinical standards
- Understanding of legislation and governance framework
- Dealing with a range of issues both in writing and in person e.g. client complaints/concerns, staff grievances/disciplinary
- Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife
- Diploma (desirable) / evidence of study at equivalent level / similar experience
- Management qualification (willing to work towards one) or equivalent in experience
- Leadership development (willing to work towards one)
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Professional role model: appearance and manner
- Ability to understand/ interpret data
- Good written communication and report writing skills
- Effective IT skills, MS/Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint or equivalent
- Problem solving/planning and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict and overcome resistance
- Highly motivated and a desire to perform well
- Reliable, adaptable, flexible, capable, willing, approachable and honest
- Self-confident and emotionally resilient
- Passion for improving the customer experience.
- Able to work with and through ambiguity
- Friendly and approachable with a flexible approach to work.
- Willingness to develop and learn.
- Good time management with flexible approach to working times
- Assertive yet approachable
- Networking skills.
- Ability to provide and receive complex information
- Ability to present to large audiences
- Ability to work with and influence others
- Willingness to travel across UK
Why should I consider MSI Reproductive Choices?
- No late or overnight
- No Bank holiday or Sunday working, limited Saturday working ( 1 in 4 Maximum)
- Internal Succession path
- Excellent technology-based learning & development platform
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
Closing date: 26th June 2021 (midnight GMT+1). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment