Just Brighton Jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Brighton College is seeking to appoint a Leisure Duty Manager Apprenticeship on a full time, fixed term basis for 18 months and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £8.50 per hour for the first 12 months. After the first year, you will receive the National Minimum Wage for your age or £8.50 per hour, whichever is higher.
About the role:
The Leisure Duty Manager Apprenticeship role will prepare for and enable covering of Duty Manager shifts alongside obtaining a Level 3 Leisure Duty Manager qualification. As part of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will need to achieve the following qualifications: First Aid at Work; Level 3 Pool Plant Operator Certificate.
General duties and responsibilities as our Leisure Duty Manager Apprenticeship include:
– Promote and provide an environment that is clean, safe and comfortable for all users
– Lifeguard swimming pool sessions and supervise dry-side sports activities (subject to successfully completing the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification)
– Cleaning duties as required on a day to day basis to achieve the highest standards of presentation, supported by the Cleaning team
– Manage and operate the swimming pool plant in accordance with the Operating Manuals to ensure appropriate dosing of the pool to maintain water quality
– Assist with the supervision of contractors with respect to health and safety, safeguarding; access and compliance documentation
– Any other reasonable management request
What we are looking for in our Leisure Duty Manager Apprenticeship:
– Customer focused with a passion for providing exceptional service}
– Be able to work effectively unsupervised and complete set tasks
– Be self-motivated, with the ability to manage and organise own time and resources effectively ensuring deadlines are met
– Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation
– Desirable Training: National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ). If you do not already hold this qualification, we will pay for the post-holder to complete this qualification. You will therefore need to have the ability to swim. Child Protection
Benefits of working at Brighton College include:
– Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to a variety of exercise classes (including spin, circuits and yoga) and use of the gym and swimming pool
– Complimentary lunch is provided during term time
– Job specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees
– Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period
– Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
– Well-being programme including: healthy heart checks, access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library and English Language classes
– Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme
Hours: 30-hours per week which will include early, late and weekend shifts. This includes “Off the Job” training, delivered by Creative Sport & Leisure. The post-holder may be required to work occasional overtime, as agreed with your line manager.
Closing date for Leisure Duty Manager Apprenticeship applications: midday on Monday 5 April 2021
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS