We are currently recruiting for:
Leadership and Governance Manager and Company Secretary
8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, 52 weeks a year
Brighton based but able to work at our school in Seaford as well
Relevant qualifications in business administration or similar
St. John’s School and College are looking to appoint a Leadership and Governance Manager to work closely with our CEO and our Trustees and Governors. You will also act as Company Secretary to our two charities. We are looking for someone who will, in effect, be organising and servicing the strategic planning teams of the Charity. The successful candidate will be part of the CEO’s operational team along with the Fundraiser, PA to the SLT and Communications Manager.
What we need from you:
* Supporting emerging strategic projects for the CEO.
* A supportive and self-motivated attitude
* Confidence and competence when working with a range of stakeholders.
* Empathy when working with our young people on internal work experience.
* Excellent proofreading and report writing skills.
* Strong numeracy and literacy skills, to include minute taking and action notes.
* Adaptability in a fast-paced working environment.
* Ideally at least 3 years’ experience of administrative management support for a school, college, charity or similar setting.
* A collaborative working style and flexibility with your approach to work.
* The ability to organise and manage diaries effectively, to include: the CEO , and the Chair of the Board.
* You will be solutions focused, with a high degree of autonomy.
This is an exciting new post which can make a vital contribution to the work of the Charity and thus to positive outcomes for our young people.
Potential candidates may want to have an informal discussion with our CEO in advance of making their application
What’s in it for you:
* 32 days holiday for the year
* Wellbeing initiatives and coaching available
* On-site parking and bike racks
* Training opportunities and we will invest in your professional development.
St. John’s is committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people, vulnerable adults and children. Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance. We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills, and stories to join our staff team and influence and develop our working practice. We are particularly keen to hear from people who are currently underrepresented in our staff team and will invite for interview all candidates who meet the role criteria and identify as disabled and/or from a Black, Asian, or minority ethnic background. St. John’s School and College are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation