Our client is an agile global aerospace and defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Job Title – Integration & Test Manager
Job Location – Brighton, UK
About the role:
This position will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for managing the product test and integration of electro-mechanical sub-systems from the prototype design through development, installation and commissioning of the completed systems. You will ensure electrical and physical requirements meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Planning development, documentation and execution of test specifications
* Managing analysis of the test results, support for trade studies, development of test and installation plans, verification of interface control documents, compatibility of physical and functional interfaces and first article production integration.
* Investigate and implement solutions to products, process or test problems.
* Analysis of requirements for integration and/or testability.
* Develop and implements both hardware and software system level test programs, plans, specifications and customer acceptance.
* Designing, developing and implementing cost effective procedures for testing and troubleshooting subassemblies, assemblies and systems.
* Analyze and document test results.
Experience & Skills:
* Previous experience of managing a Test and Integration development environment
* Test system design and implementation experience
* Test fixture design experience
* Electro-mechanical test experience
* Experience with high pressure pneumatics (400 bar) derived from bottled inert gas, compressors and boost pumps
* Experience with LabVIEW software and data acquisition (DAQ) equipment
* Experience with sensors — accelerometers, load cells, pressure transducers, LVDT
* Experience with High Speed Cameras
* Experience with Hoists & lifting equipment (2000kg)
* Environmental testing experience: Temperature, Humidity, Vibration
* Diagnosis of faults/issues
* Feedback of test results into design process
* Use of standard laboratory test equipment (multimeters, verniers)
Please be aware many of our clients positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are interested in receiving applications from Test Engineering professionals, with excellent leadership, organisational and communication skills. Your background will be in test development, with previous ‘hands on’ experience and recent leadership experience. If you are looking to work for a secure and innovative company and you are in need of a new challenge, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the position and company in more detail..