A Head of Corporate Governance job in Brighton for up to £84K
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has a long established recruitment partnership with The Pensions Regulator in Brighton. TPR is the UK regulator for workplace pension schemes. A combination of home remote and office based working will be available.
Your new role
The role holder will manage and lead a team to ensure delivery of corporate governance activities in support of TPR's strategic objectives and corporate strategy. The role holder will maintain and continually develop the governance framework in pursuit of excellence against corporate governance and Government principles (including Nolan).
– Be accountable for maintenance and ongoing improvement of corporate governance policy and framework
– Lead TPR's corporate governance function, setting clear objectives for each team, managing and monitoring performance and reporting as required
– Ensure the provision of high quality support, advice and management and governance excellence at TPR Board, Determinations Panel, Exco and their sub-committees
– Provide oversight and continuous improvement of the governance structure within TPR and how TPR fits into Government
– Ensure the provision of high quality PA support to Executive Directors and Directors
– Promote continual learning across TPR on governance best practice including key processes
– Be accountable for making decisions within complaints work, permissions to deal and internal staff whistleblowing work.
– Be accountable for maintenance of staff conflicts framework
– Be accountable for external relationships with governance bodies, including DWP and Cabinet Office
– Be accountable for accurate and timely external returns, compliance documents and audit trail
Essential & Desirable Criteria
– Extensive experience as a company secretary from either private practice or public sector organisation, ICSA qualified or part-qualified.
– In depth knowledge of governance and compliance approaches and processes, including business continuity
– Experience of leading a team and managing people and performance
– Experience of stakeholder management best practice and techniques
– Outstanding organisational planning experience.
– Knowledge and understanding of regulatory principles, corporate planning, priorities, risks and general business process.
– Knowledge of information security and GDPR
– Knowledge and understanding of Pensions legislation desirable but not essential
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.