Just Brighton Jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
INTERVENTIONS ALLIANCE is the Justice and Social Care division of Seetec, delivering tailored support to participants across a range of contracts, including as CFO Activity Hubs, Education, Training and Employment (ETE), Accommodation and Approved Premises. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to build a better future, regardless their past choices or the challenges they face.
We are committed to combining our knowledge, skills and talents across the justice and social care sectors to deliver services and interventions that overcome the barriers that hold people back from living more fulfilled lives.
Using an evidence-led approach, we collaborate with like like-minded organisations to address challenges and long-term issues that have previously prevented the individual’s progress.
We give equal importance to delivering services focused on prevention as those aiding rehabilitation, providing our participants with the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Our approach is unique within the sector, using our research base and experience to design and innovate new interventions that address areas of critical need. We don’t sit back and accept that standardised, traditional approaches are always the best solution; nor do we wait to react to a new area of demand. By working proactively, we aim to transform provision across the justice and social care sectors.
Ultimately, our aim is to equip individuals with the necessary skills needed to desist from offending, successfully reintegrate into to their local communities and address barriers to work.
We are currently recruiting Employment Training & Education (ETE) Coaches to offer support and guidance to our participants, exploring and encouraging their journey into employment or training and education by delivering training in 1-2-1 and group sessions, to support their learning of how to find employment or training and education opportunities, using the resources of the Interventions Alliance, its partners and the wider community.
Our successful candidate will have a ccomprehensive working knowledge and understanding of employment and skills and welfare to work services and issues and have a sound understanding of the issues around improving offender employability and employment.
* Provide motivational support to assist participants to gain employment or training
* Manage a caseload of participants using a variety of coaching strategies to help overcome barriers to accessing learning and obtaining sustainable employment
* Undertake in-depth assessments to fully understand a participant's circumstances, preferences and holistic barriers to progression.
* Co-produce personalised tailored SMART action plans with sequenced interventions and development opportunities.
* Deliver 1-2-1 and group support to provide in-depth advice and support to participants for employment application
* Support employability skills including confidence & motivation building, skills development, job search skills, CV writing and preparing for interview
Skills & Experience
* Evidence of a successful track record in placing disadvantaged individuals into employment.
* Demonstrable success in delivery of services under partnership arrangements.
* Confidence in identifying and developing employer relationships.
* Credibility working as an advocate.
* Familiar with the practicalities of working with volunteers.
* Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) qualification or equivalent to at least NVQ level 3.
* Level 3 Award in Education and training (or PTLLS)
Salary: £19,841 – £24,801 per annum (dependent on experience)
Location: Covering Brighton & Hastings
Hours: 37 Hours a week
Closing Date: 16th May 2021
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Scheme, access to a wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid 19 all interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Seetec – Interventions Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec – Interventions Alliance support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec – Interventions Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity