Just Brighton Jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
* £28,000 – 38,000 plus benefits
* Construction projects
* Major blue-chip JV
My client an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as a D&B contractor and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
As a result of major contract, the client is currently under an intense multi-discipline recruitment drive and need to urgently recruit a Document Controller.
The Document Controller will be based at their Brighton office and you will provide Document Control services to the operational team who are currently using Microsoft SharePoint ® to store and manage project and non-project documents. The JV will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
The Document Controller will report directly to the Information Systems Manager and the responsibilities will include:
* Uploading and management of documents within the eDMS in line with best practice standards
* Championing of document management processes and systems within the project environment
* Review, management and uploading of documents held on sites for projects
* Understanding and adhere to legal, contract, Southern Water and JV document management requirements
* Deal with enquiries efficiently and effectively
* Carry out other project and non-project related activities as required
* Assist in the production and supply of electronic and hard copy documents (where appropriate Promote training to operational team and suppliers in use of the eDMS (SharePoint and Business Collaborator) and related IT systems.
* Provide assurance to Senior Document Controllers by ensuring that all records are maintained in line with expectations and available for the JV Audit Programme in a timely manner
* Identify and implement areas for improvement and share best practice
The Document Controller will have:
* Proven experience in document control function.
* High level of competence in the use of Microsoft Office suite/SharePoint and other IT systems.
* Several year’s experience in a similar role in a construction or related industry.
* Highly organised with an attention to detail, ability to plan and prioritise own workload, able to work effectively to deadlines.
* Ability to communicate effectively with peers and senior engineers in both verbal and written.
* Good interpersonal skills and team worker
* Full UK driving licence and the ability to travel within the Southern Water region, mainly to the East of the M23/A23.
Package for the Document Controller include –
* A competitive salary (depending on experience and qualifications)
* Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
* Contribution Pension scheme
* Life Assurance
* Health Insurance
* Private medical Insurance
And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass, etc