Just Brighton Jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Design Manager for our CMDP joint venture framework. Based at the Falmer (Brighton) office you will be responsible for delivering engineering solutions at a project / tranche level from initial definition of need through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction support.
CMDP is a joint venture between MWH Treatment and Costain and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and the responsibilities will include:
* To lead a team of discipline design engineers in the development of wastewater technical solutions from initial need statement through optioneering, solution development, value engineering, detail design and construction support.
* Ensure affordable design solutions are developed within project budget and solution risk is appropriately managed and communicated throughout the solution development process.
* Establish collaborative working relationships with the client, design teams, construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
* Ensure sustainable design solutions completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
* Provide design solutions that meet all the requirements of the programme’s systems and governance procedures
* Agree design budgets, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
* Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency
* Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Programme Manager
* Organise the work required and document the Design Management Plan / Project Execution Plan
* Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
* Experience of technical project delivery in a design-build environment
* Experience in the Wastewater Treatment Industry is desirable
* Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams
* Degree in an engineering-related discipline
* Must be delivery-driven with the ability to set targets, manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world. We also support Mates in Mind which is a charitable programme to improve and promote positive mental health in the workplace