My client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Design & Technical Delivery Manager for their water frameworks.
Based at their Brighton offices you will be responsible for delivering engineering solutions at a project / tranche level from initial definition of need through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction support.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and the responsibilities will include:
* To lead a team of discipline design engineers in the development of wastewater technical solutions from initial need statement through optioneering, solution development, value engineering, detail design and construction support.
* Ensure affordable design solutions are developed within project budget and solution risk is appropriately managed and communicated throughout the solution development process.
* Establish collaborative working relationships with the client, design teams, construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
* Ensure sustainable design solutions completed in accordance with CDM Regulations Provide design solutions that meet all the requirements of the programme’s systems and governance procedures.
* Agree design budgets, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects.
* Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
* Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Programme Manager.
* Organise the work required and document the Design Management Plan / Project Execution Plan.
* Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget.
Please note there is movement on the salary.
* Experience of technical project delivery in a design-build environment
* Experience in the Wastewater Treatment Industry
* Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams
* Degree in an engineering-related discipline
* Must be delivery-driven with the ability to set targets, manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives