Customer Success Engagement Executive- Phone Support
Position based in Brighton, East Sussex
BrightLocal is a SaaS platform that helps digital marketing agencies and brands with local online marketing.
We have over 5,000 customers and work with big brands such as REED Recruitment, Wagamama and Paddy Power. These companies depend on Brightlocal to help them improve their local online performance to deliver greater traffic and new customers.
Launched in 2009, we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research and webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform. Our industry leading research is regularly picked up by mainstream media like the Guardian, Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal.
We employ 170 people across 4 countries – UK, USA, Ukraine and the Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub.
We are a people-focused business and fully committed to giving every team member the most positive work experience possible. We do this by providing abundant opportunities to learn new skills, building fantastic working relationships, and supporting you in realising your life goals, all within a culture that cherishes individuality and champions teamwork and collaboration.
We also like to have fun, with regular team-building activities, which include things like escape rooms, cocktail making, sailing, scavenger hunts and plenty of team meals and social nights out.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced sales and service professional to join our Customer Success team and help deliver the next phase of growth and retention for BrightLocal.
You will take ownership of the delivery of our phone support strategy, including
* Onboarding new customers with welcome calls and running mini demos on the platform
* Contacting contracted account customers
* Contacting existing customers who have not been active on the platform recently to reengage them
* Contacting canceled and cancellation request customers
* Scheduling calls for the Enterprise Solutions team
* Working to SLAs and KPIs and the one-touch approach when dealing with customers
* Operationally assist in other projects day to day and provide varied support as and when needed to colleagues.
* Suggest & implement improvements to processes under your control
You will work within the Customer Success Team, and work closely with the Business Development & Marketing Teams.
You will help to tackle churn, improve the onboarding experience and ensure customers are getting the most out of the platform as early as possible in their journey, and build strong relationships and deliver exceptional service to existing customers to ensure they get value from BrightLocal
* Minimum 2 years working in a customer service/sales environment with front line customer support experience, via phone.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Great attention to detail
* Good knowledge of cloud & business software (e.g. Gdocs, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Used to working independently in a fast-paced environment
* Time management skills and prioritization
* Ability to confidently build rapport and trust on the phone
* Ability to self manage and motivate
* High level of technical experience with software
* Previous experience in SEO / Digital Marketing customer services preferred but not essential
* Experience using Zendesk / Intercom or similar CRM preferred but not essential
* Experience working for a SAAS Platform preferred but not essential
* You are positive, friendly and professional
* You have excellent attention to detail and an analytical mind
* You are a team player and able to build good relationships with colleagues
* You are passionate about your work and strive to have a positive impact every day
* You are happy to be the ‘expert’ and educate those around you
* You are able to focus on the task at hand in a busy, fast-paced office
* You are self-motivated & able to work autonomously on your tasks
* You will be confident and skilled in rapport building and will be responsible for making, taking, arranging and scheduling sales and service-related calls with our customers.
* This role is perfect for someone who is adaptable, flexible, keen to learn and can think on their feet.
* Liaising with our colleagues in the Philippines, Kyiv & USA, your internal relationships are as important as external ones and you’ll need to be a team player and a great communicator to be successful in this role
Salary: £20,000- £23,000 pa dependant on experience
(Plus performance-related annual bonus worth up to 20% of annual salary)
Hours: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm During training (up to 2 months)
12.00 pm- 8.00 pm After training to cover US customer hours
We will provide excellent training at work and through external courses if you need them. We'll help you gain experience & training to turn your day to day work into a skill.
You will receive extensive training on SEO, marketing and the BrightLocal platform. You will use this knowledge to assist and advise customers, impressing them with your knowledge and educating them about the benefits of BrightLocal.
We offer 25 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays) and you get a day off for your birthday, too.
The office is informal and casual. We expect people to work hard but also to enjoy their time at work. We have a constantly-stocked drinks fridge and our kitchen cupboards overflow with snacks – of both the healthy and (very) unhealthy kind.
We love to celebrate all team members’ birthdays – enjoy cakes, drinks and cards!
And we also make a big deal of important work anniversaries with presents and gift cards.
The music is always on and we take time out every few weeks to do fun team activities. We tend to break early on a Friday afternoon to ‘prepare for the weekend’ – i.e. lots of food (snacks) and drinks (beer, wine, G&Ts and soft drinks – take your pick!)
We encourage work-life balance by enabling our employees to work abroad for up to 3 weeks a year – be it France, New Zealand, Costa Rica or Bali… the world is there to be explored and we want to help you explore it.
Every team member enters into our company bonus scheme related to targets.
Health & Wellbeing support:
We are firm believers in supporting our team members in body and mind. We provide a diverse range of health and wellbeing benefits including Vitality Private healthcare (includes dental cover, CBT support and free access to Headspace App), free flu jabs and eye-care vouchers, weekly in-office massages and a comprehensive bike-to-work scheme to get people moving!
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic our team have been working remotely to help keep them safe and avoid further spreading of the virus. This approach will continue until it is declared safe for us to return to the office, and we can safely work side by side again.
However, we will continue to support each individual’s choice to work for home until they personally feel safe and happy to return to the office.
We feel incredibly fortunate that BrightLocal has remained stable and profitable throughout the pandemic and we remain on track to hit our revenue and growth goals for 2020. We have been able to support any struggling customers with long-term payment holidays and through additional training and support. We have had zero redundancies and have grown many of the teams across the business to ensure that we are in a strong position to help and support our growing customer base in 2021 and beyond
Customer Success Engagement Executive- Phone Support