Corporate Governance and Complaints Officer
£33,883 and £44,979 per annum (Pro Rata), dependant on experience, plus benefits
6 Month FTC – 21 Hours Per week
Brighton – Remote to start
We’re looking for a part time Corporate Governance and complaints specialist to set the standards for our client in line the UK Corporate Governance Code and Government’s best practice.
This role would be responsible for leading on and manage the response for any formal complaints received within the organisation. You will also be responsible for maintaining the staff register of interests, assessing requests for staff dealing shares, along with the management of staff whistleblowing cases. You will provide advice on corporate governance policy, procedures, process and controls to all levels of the organisation and will engage in proactive consultation across the business.
· Investigate and draft responses to complaints within published and statutory timeframes.
· Investigate staff whistleblowing cases, supporting the Head of Corporate Governance
· Review and approve requests made by staff or the Board and Determinations Panel to trade shares
· Maintain the staff register of interest
· Uphold a ‘positive reporting culture’; drive staff engagement through ensuring awareness campaigns, training and providing assistance, support and advice
· Advise stakeholders at all levels on implications and management of change, identifying and delivering those changes necessary to deliver our corporate governance standards and controls
· Identify and advise on the risks the client faces in maintaining corporate governance standards and statutory obligations
· Take an active role in developing and coordinating training and awareness on governance activities across the client
· Experience of regulated complaints management, issue resolution approaches and techniques
· Experience of stakeholder management best practice and techniques
· Solid understanding of FoI Act; Data Protection Act
· Ability to understand the legal obligations from statute (including Pensions Acts, code of practice)
· Standard Office IT software applications
· Experience of risk control and process assurance.
· ICSA Qualified/part qualified or equivalent experience in corporate governance role
The client is committed to creating a great place to work and do all they can to support people to reach their full potential, providing an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment. They are an inclusive employer and offer equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation