Just Brighton Jobs
College General Assistant
Brighton, 38 week
Hours: 10am – 3pm Mon-Fri
Salary: £8.20 per hour
Please note that this role is part of the Kickstart scheme – you must be between 16-24 and on universal credit to be eligible for this opportunity. We encourage you to speak to your job coach.
Exciting new roles available to join our education department as part of the Kickstart scheme, where you will be offered the opportunity to learn valuable new skills, access mentoring and coaching and make a real difference to the young people and children who access our services.
* Assist the college staff team in a range of practical admin tasks within different provision areas in order to support the teaching and learning of young people with Autism Spectrum Condition and learning disabilities. These areas include: curriculum; teaching and learning; therapy; work experience and transitions.
* Undertake tasks, to include organisation of paper documentation, electronic documentation and data, creating internal promotional material, creating resources, improving displays, stock checks and ordering of therapy resources, assisting in setting up learning sessions, planning college events
* Have the opportunity to work with a number of different staff, including senior managers, teachers, tutors, therapists, Operations team, Lead Learning Support Workers.
* Have the opportunity to develop the following skills: managing work flow, time management, communicating in the work place, working with others, understanding of special educational needs and Autism Spectrum Condition.
* Receive the appropriate training in the procedures and use of equipment to achieve these tasks
* Receive the appropriate level of supervision to ensure the safe operation of these tasks and understanding of the procedures.
St. John’s is committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people, vulnerable adults and children.
Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion