Brighton College Nursery, Pre-Prep & Prep School is looking to appoint a term time only Co-Curricular Administrator. Working on a term-time permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £18,933 per annum (£24,013 FTE).
As our Co-curricular Administrator, you will provide administrative support for all areas of co-curricular activity at the Prep site. This will be in liaison and collaboration with the Nursery & Pre-Prep school office on any linked co-curricular activity.
This post requires an efficient and organised person who is hard-working, positive and able to communicate with a wide range of personnel. You will need to be a flexible person who is able to meet deadlines and is willing to handle tasks ranging from the urgent to the more mundane. You should possess excellent typing skills, be strongly computer literate, competent in desktop publishing with the ability to resize/compress photographs and should be proficient in Word and Excel 2010 and iSAMS.
General duties and responsibilities of the Co-curricular Administrator include:
– Completing the administration related to club activity, including parental booking and the production and printing of the termly clubs' booklets
– Maintaining the administrational paperwork and payment related to school trips and tours in liaison with trip leaders
– Administering the school calendar on iSAMS and producing the school weekly information bulletins for staff and parents detailing events and activities scheduled
– Covering Parent Evening events, in rotation with other office staff (hours taken from additional 10 day allowance)
– Taking responsibility for assisting with the administration related to all co-curricular activity
– Music: Assisting with administering individual music lessons with VMT's, ensembles within the department and the ABRSM and Trinity Music Exams
– Drama: Assisting with administering the LAMDA programme, informing parents regarding school productions and associated rehearsals
– Sport: Assisting with administering sports provision for the Heads of Girls' and Boys' Games, including team sheets, coaches, match teas and associated bookings.
Our ideal Co-curricular Administrator will be:
– Self-motivated and with a can-do, positive attitude to problem-solving
– A good team player who enjoys working with others
– Able to work to deadlines
– A strong communicator
Benefits of working at Brighton College include:
– Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to a variety of exercise classes (including spin, circuits and yoga) and use of the gym and swimming pool
– Complimentary lunch is provided during term time
– Job-specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees
– Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period
– Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
– Well-being programme including healthy heart checks, access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library and English Language classes
– Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme.
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8.00am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday inclusive with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break each day, while the College is in session and at any other time (including during school holidays, at weekends, and before and after the College's normal starting and finishing times) as may be necessary in the reasonable opinion of the Headmaster for the proper performance of your duties.
This role is term-time only (35 weeks) plus 10 days in the holidays as directed by your manager.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 4th January 2021
If you feel you are the right candidate for the Co-curricular Administrator role then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS