Brighton College is seeking to appoint a Co-Curricular Administrator (Drama) to join us from 23 August 2021. This role will work full-time, term-time plus four additional weeks in the school holidays. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £19,019 per annum (£23,000 full time equivalent).
This role will have a focus on supporting the Drama department.
Key responsibilities of our Co-Curricular Administrator (Drama):
– To support the Assistant Head (Co-Curriculum) in all aspects of administration required to facilitate the running of the co-curricular life of the College
– Assist the Director of Drama with production, Arts Award and general administration
– Work in conjunction with the Manager of Administration Team (Senior School) and other co-curricular administrators to help co-ordinate administrative assistance across the performing arts departments
– Help manage the online co-curricular platform (SOCS) including the termly scheduling of all co-curricular events
– Liaising with HR to ensure that all necessary pre-employment checks are in place before external teachers begin work
– Establish consistency of processes (e.g. pupil recharges to finance) for Performing Arts teams (Dance, Drama and Music), working together with other administrators in these teams
What we’re looking for in our Co-Curricular Administrator (Drama):
– Demonstrable administrative experience
– Exceptional organisation skills, with the ability to effectively manage your own workload and work in a fast-paced environment
– Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
– A friendly and personable manner, with the ability to build strong working relationships across the College
– Experience of working in an education environment would be advantageous
Benefits of working at Brighton College as our Co-Curricular Administrator (Drama) include:
– Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to a variety of exercise classes (including spin, circuits and yoga) and use of the gym and swimming pool – Complimentary lunch is provided during term time
– Job specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees
– Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period
– Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
– Well-being programme including: healthy heart checks, access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library and English Language classes
– Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8.00am-5pm Monday to Friday inclusive. Where requirements fall outside of these hours to facilitate the smooth running of co-curricular events and performances, lieu time is to be taken for the additional hours worked. This role will work term-time (35 weeks) plus 4 additional weeks in the school holidays, as directed by the Assistant Head (Co-Curriculum).
Closing date for Co-Curricular Administrator (Drama) applications: midday on Friday 16 July 2021
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS