Want to start or continue your Chef career in a fast, fun and challenging environment?
Pick somewhere with huge flexibility and much opportunity for career progression. Come and join us at the Rendezvous Casino, Brighton.
Situated in the marina area of town our 24/7 environment might just fit with what you are looking for.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To prepare and produce food to the highest standard in a prompt and timely manner while following the specifications given by Senior Kitchen staff. To supervise and control the work of the Commis Chefs.
NOTE: In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed the job holder is required to perform such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
• Report promptly for duty suitably dressed in clean chef uniform
• Ensure that punctuality is kept at all times
• To prepare and produce food to the highest standard and specifications given by Senior Kitchen staff
• To manage the kitchen when you are the most senior person on shift
• Liaise with the Head Chef to obtain a supply of stocks and stores according to menu requirements
• To check stock rotation and proper storage of cooked and uncooked food
• To keep his/her section always tidy and clean
• To adhere strictly to the food hygiene regulation
• To adhere strictly to the Health and Safety regulations
• To ensure that all mis en place is kept tidy, fresh and properly stocked as required
• To fill in any position required by Head Chef and Executive Chef
• To check, prepare and supervise preparation of food, to the highest standards set by the company
• To motivate and train junior staff members while on the job
• To report any fault of equipment immediately to the Head Chef
• To ensure complete confidentiality relating to all matters concerning the Company
• To lead by example in relation to displaying the four key behaviours of the Customer Service model.
• To ensure that all areas of the kitchen are maintained to a high standard at all times and ensure any maintenance requirements are reported and promptly actioned.
• Pro-active attitude with the ability to work unsupervised
• Experience working in a commercial kitchen
• Ability to motivate junior team members
• High level of flexibility with the role and working hours
• Qualification in Food Safety
• Knowledge of the Club & Company Health & Safety and Hygiene procedures
• Good communication skills with peers and superiors and other departments
• Able to communicate in clear and concise English
• Organised and methodical
• Upbeat and positive attitude
• A high level of personal integrity
• A strong work ethic with a passion for exceeding expectations
• Show respect and appreciation to all
• Encourage and contribute toward a culture that supports everyone to be the best that they can be