2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer
My client are a global Information Services provider working with companies across the globe and headquartered in Brighton, and they are looking for somebody to join their Technical Support team in a 2nd/3rd Line Engineer capacity. This is a new role due to company growth and will be helping them with a number of brand new projects to take them onto the cloud, implement new telephony systems and update their Windows Server environments.
This is an exciting company to work for and there is always lots of interesting project work to get involved with and this role will allow you to take ownership of smaller projects and to be an integral part of some of their major upcoming technical projects for this year and next. This role will be offering some remote working, combined with some time in their Brighton office as required.
This role is primarily to provide 2nd and 3rd line support through a mixture of BAU and Infrastructure projects, operating within an ITIL framework, so it is expected that the Support ` Engineer will be familiar with resolving problems and incidents in a timely manner and meeting defined service level targets.
You will be joining a small team of talented, dedicated Support professionals who are proactively helping resolve tickets where required, and this role will require this person to participate as a project resource when required. This 2ndd/3rd Line Systems Engineer will also participate in on call rota as also required.
* To provide 2nd / 3rd line office based and remote IT support.
* Option to work on both BAU and Projects.
* Solve company-wide information systems problems.
* Maintain security arrangements for all IT systems (ISO27001).
* Assist with and implement IT solutions (hardware and software).
* Assist with management of IP based PBX.
* Maximise and promote system utilisation by all users, providing relevant training where necessary.
* Maintain documentation for all systems (hardware and software).
* Assist with software licensing to ensure legality.
* Undertake system monitoring.
* Liaising with external suppliers.
* To participate in the on-call rota for out of hours’ systems support
* Previous experience in 2nd Line support role
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
* Microsoft Server 2012, 2016, 2019
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Microsoft Office 365
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Group Policy, DHCP and DNS
* VMware ESX 6.x,
* vSphere, vMotion configuration, management and support
* Good understanding of Network Technology VLAN and IP routing protocols
* An understanding of wireless network technologies
* Storage infrastructure configuration, management and support
* Good understanding of security firewalls / UTMs
* Understanding of SIP/IP telephone systems
* Understanding of Enterprise anti-virus suites, in particular KAV
* An understanding of Back-up technologies (Veeam, Symantec Backup Exec etc.)
Avaya IP Office
Please send your CV for immediate interview
2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer