A legal investigation support role in Brighton for £33K
Your new company
The Pensions Regulator, which is situated in Brighton next to the railway station, is responsible for for protecting workplace pensions in the UK. They have a new new vacancy for a Senior Case Support, which is essentially a legal investigation support role, and Hays has been asked to shortlist candidates to be considered for interview.
Your new role
This new job vacancy is initially required for one year as a fixed term 12 month contract, and will support the Case Management team through the provision of a comprehensive and effective disclosure service in relation to criminal and civil enforcement cases. In addition, administrative support on all case, non case and local continuous improvement work on an ad hoc basis as required
- Reviewing and assessing all material retained within an investigation to ascertain relevancy, evidential value, sensitivity and ability to undermine the case or assist the defense
- Identify deficiencies and problems with continuity or other evidence related matters
- Ongoing review of material as the case develops and/or on receipt of a defence statement.
- Creating exhibit and witness lists
- Building case files and ensuring they are presented in the required format and submitted within statutory time limits
- Prepare reports and presentations to Investigators, legal representatives and judiciary.
- Identify third parties that hold material which may be relevant to the investigation, and request them to hold the material for inspection or for its production to the court.
- Attending sites to record exhibits seized, ensuring continuity of evidence and maintaining access control
- Respond appropriately to any relevant court authority and take appropriate action to address any issues that arise as a result of court hearings.
- Keep up to date with and understand and apply of all changes to recent legislation and case law.
Essential and Desirable criteria
- Demonstrable evidence of working within the Criminal Procedure and Investigation Act (CPIA) of 1996
- Experience in using document and case management systems is desirable.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, set targets, determine priorities and deal with conflicting demands.
- Experience of working with committees and decision making bodies
- Experience of embedding and the continuous improvement of processes,
- Experience of drafting confidential correspondence with a high level of sensitivity and accuracy.
- Experience of auditing processes and risk identification
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.