The College is seeking to appoint a Junior ICT Technician with effect from September 2019.
The Junior ICT Technician Role:
The Junior ICT Technician will be responsible for general maintenance of defined computer equipment and for the resolution of identified technical problems, as well as undertaking general tasks which will promote the use of ICT across the three schools. This position would be suitable for someone keen to embark on a career in ICT and suitable training will be provided.
General duties and responsibilities for Junior ICT Technician:
- Report and log all technical issues.
- Maintain the hardware and software inventory.
- Check new computer equipment on arrival and install as appropriate
- Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, whiteboards, projectors, etc.
- Ensure the anti-virus software is installed, kept up to date and working properly on all stations.
- Install and test new software and make it available to appropriate users
- Support all College staff, including teachers, on the use of a wide range of general purpose and office related applications.
- Follow suppliers recommended procedures
- Undertake any specific training as required by the Senior IT Technician, Network Manager or the Director of ICT. Any other duties that may be reasonably expected from an IT Technician, as directed by the Senior IT Technician, the Network Manager, the Assistant Network Manager or a senior member of staff.
40 Hours per week, 8.30am – 5.30pm with a one hour lunch break unpaid.
Closing date for Junior ICT Technician applications: Monday 5th August 2019.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Junior ICT Technician role then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS