The Planet Group have recently been engaged by a leading organisation who provide technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global Aviation industry. We currently have an opening for a C#, .Net Software Engineer located in Brighton. (Hybrid Role)
In this exciting role, you will engage with the wider teams to understand the technologies and solutions our customers need. Working with your peers and leaders you will assist in estimating work, planning and developing our solutions. As part of our commitment to engineering excellence you will help share continuous improvement concepts to enable to us to identify new and improved ways of delivering high quality solutions to our customer products.
* Work with the Business Analysts and Development team to design and develop software solutions, following the Software Development Lifecycle, using:
* C#, XML, JSON
* Data interchange technologies such as WCF, Web APIs, SOAP
* Web technologies, including REST, Microservices
* Work with the Quality Assurance/Test team to ensure that developed software has been tested at all levels of development, developing and sharing test plans
* Agree your workload through communications with your Leader and the Technical Project Manager
* Monitor your progress and report to the Technical Project Manager, emphasizing any challenges or assistance needed to meet milestone commitments
* Meeting cost and time commitments
* Work with your Leader to understand process and best practice to be employed within your role, demonstrating adherence
* Work with your Leader to build your personal development plan, to enable your growth
* Primary programs will be working on the Biometric product used within the Aviation industry and through the Engineering Shared Services model, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple products.
* Work across diverse teams, share knowledge and experience through mentoring
* Take part in training and workshops.
* Contribute to emerging products and services that are redefining passenger experiences through contactless and biometric interactions.
* Degree level qualification in relevant subject is desirable (Computer Science),
* Experience working within a documented Software Development Lifecycle
* Experience creating software products with C#, .Net Framework and Core
* Experience with Application Technologies, such as WPF, Windows Form Application
* Experience with Web Technologies, such as SOAP, REST, OAuth
* Experience with T-SQL and SQL Server
* Written and interpersonal skills
* Understanding of Agile and DevOps development methodologies
* Knowledge of TDD practices
* Knowledge of build / deployment pipeline automation (CI/CD)
* Process documentation and continuous improvement
* Cloud based infrastructure and architecture, preferably AWS
* Microservice and decoupled patterns
* Experience with Angular, Typescript
* Experience with Code First Database and Domain Driven Development practices
* Good understanding of external peripherals connections via Serial, USB and Network
If you would like to find out more, apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day. Alternatively get in touch with Lucas Skilbeck for a confidential conversation on (phone number removed).
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website
Scrum Masters: £45k – £65k+ Neg+ Bonus. Excellent benefits. Ref: 4110MA. South East: East Sussex / Kent (relocation assistance available):...View Job
We are recruiting for a project manager for a well established software company’s customer facing software implementation projects across the...View Job
Our client is an innovative language training provider, leading the way in foreign language evening courses across the UK. They...View Job
We are looking a Software Support Technician to join a software company in the Brighton area on a full time...View Job
Software Support Technician Full Time, Permanent Brighton £20,000 – £24,000 p.a. A well established Brighton based software company providing specialist...View Job