Location: University of Sussex International Study Centre, Brighton
Contract type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Permanent
Salary: up to £45,023.16 per annum
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Our University of Sussex International Study Centre in Brighton are looking for a Head of STEM to lead a team of Subject Leads and tutors, ensuring that all STEM modules are delivered to agreed standards. You will follow the agreed curriculum, and utilise agreed assessment modes, resulting in the best possible outcomes for students and the best possible student experience.
Leadership, management and personal development
* Lead and motivate a team of Subject Leads and Tutors to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience on STEM modules.
* Provide effective performance management of direct reports, including setting personal objectives and KPIs; regularly reviewing performance of direct reports; and conducting formal performance reviews according to company policy and procedures.
* Recruit new academic staff for STEM modules as required and according to Study Group policies and procedures.
* Ensure that all academic staff in STEM have appropriate background checks, and references and are suitably qualified to teach sessions and courses on which they are scheduled.
Academic and Operational Management
* Plan and oversee the design and delivery of all STEM courses and modules, ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
* Allocate teaching resources according to scheduling guidelines, ensuring that teaching and learning activities are planned and resources allocated according to to set deadlines; and are planned and delivered within agreed budgets and meet operational margins.
* Oversee the production of documentation for STEM including course outlines, module handbooks, schemes of work and teaching materials.
* Lead the implementation of appropriate, fair and secure assessment activities and ensure all students receive effective assessment feedback.
* Teach modules and/or sessions in agreement with Director of Curriculum.
* Work with the Subject Leads to ensure that lessons are appropriately covered when tutors are absent.
* Oversee the recording and reporting of teaching and assessment activity, including ensuring data is submitted accurately and within deadlines.
* Work with ISC network colleagues to ensure design and delivery of STEM in the Centre is in line with Study Group requirements.
Academic Standards, Quality Assurance and Enhancement
* Ensure that the design and delivery of all STEM modules are conducted with reference to and according to Study Group’s, University of Sussex’s and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures, and codes of practice.
* Analyse, respond to and plan and implement actions as a result of External Examiner feedback and recommendations.
* Ensure high levels of teaching and learning, working with colleagues to monitor and observe teaching and learning activity, and supporting Subject Leads with continuous improvement of teaching and learning practices.
* Ensure high levels of automatic progression are achieved for students across all STEM modules.
* Analyse data and feedback from a wide variety of sources and monitor progress towards progression targets, planning and implementing remedial actions where necessary.
* Contribute to the production of the Annual Monitoring Report, Centre Action Plan, and other evaluative and reflective documents, for submission to Study Group (Provider) and the University.
Course validation, changes and programme oversight
* Work with the STEM team to propose module changes as required.
* Work with the STEM team to prepare any new modules as required for validation for re-validation and existing modules.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with key academic contacts at the University for STEM, ensuring a full understanding of relevant University curriculum content, assessment modes and quality policies and procedures.
* Ensure effective interaction between university staff and academic staff to facilitate the best possible transition for students.
* Attend and represent the ISC for STEM with the University, as agreed with the Director of Curriculum, providing presentations, information, and data analysis.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject areas (Essential)
* Teaching qualification and/or relevant master’s qualification in a relevant subject area (Essential)
* Leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment (Essential)
* Experience in leading a team to achieve high levels of student academic performance and outcomes against agreed targets
* Experience in teaching international students in UK higher or further education
* Experience in planning and running complex education courses in STEM
* Experience of partnership working in the education sector
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Primary and Secondary Supply Teacher Required / Brighton / East Sussex Areas Class Cover are looking to recruit both experienced...View Job
Attention all Secondary Teachers in Brighton and Hove! Are you looking for: * Flexible working opportunities? * Great work-life balance?...View Job
Design Technology Teacher Lewes, East Sussex £100 – £189 per day Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications, and...View Job
Childcare Practitioner / Early Years Practitioner An amazing opportunity has come up at a stunning, outstanding rated nursery / preschool...View Job
English Graduates – Brighton Prospero Teaching are recruiting in Brighton for English graduates to work within our client school, supporting...View Job