As a experienced Social Worker, you are the reason why lives change for the better. You help some of the most vulnerable people gain a brighter future. The role in Brighton is Monday-Friday, 9-5 and pays up to £50k (potentially more depending on experience) with car allowance.
There is a strong emphasis on teamwork, as you work as part of a multidisciplinary team in a hospital in Brighton, East Sussex where you will provide care for people with Dementia, Mental Health, Respite, Physical & Neurological Conditions.
You will have previous experience from the NHS or private care as you manage a complex caseload. You will be responsible for social care assessments, risk assessments, facilitate group activities, and will contribute to meetings, supporting patients to make viable plans for their future.
As a Social Worker, you report to the Safeguarding Lead, and will manage internal investigations and liaise with home authorities for service users during their admission and discharging process.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Be responsible for overseeing the admission and discharge process and will work closely with the Manager where there needs to be discussion about the appropriateness of a placement.
* Attend the weekly meetings with Brighton and Hove Council to review the care and compliance. Ensure that any concerns the Local Authority has are fed back to the Registered Manager.
* Be the nominated Safeguarding Officer for the service and will attend meetings and training called by the Local Authority regarding safeguarding development.
* Be a link with family members and locality services.
* Ensure that all staff undertake the mandatory safeguarding training and understand how to report any concerns.
* Undertake regular audits of the company Whistleblowing policy to ensure that it is followed both by observation and discussion with staff.
* Be responsible for completing CPA reports, Mental Health Tribunals and Managers Hearings, and for assessing service users current social circumstances, analysing the impact on their mental health and providing support in developing feasible plans for their future.
* Lead and promote adult safeguarding and design and deliver training and supervisions.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
What you will get:
* Annual salary of up to £50K + Benefits
* Wellbeing support and activities
* Career development and training
* Pension contribution
* Relocation package available
If you can work in a fast-paced pressurised team and facilitate discharges from hospital and then follow-up with full Care Act assessments, then this is the role for you!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Registered Manager – Learning Disabilities I am recruiting for an experienced and quality focused Registered Manager for a fantastic residential...View Job
Registered Manager – Residential Care I am recruiting for an experienced and quality focused Registered Manager for a fantastic residential...View Job
Care Assistants Brighton/Hove/Worthing Full and Part Time Hours available Day and Night Shifts available (Flexible Shifts) Rate of pay –...View Job
Care Assistants Brighton Full and Part Time Hours available Shifts: Early Shift: – 7am – 2pm Lates: 2pm – 8pm...View Job
LCS are looking for committed and enthusiastic Support Workers to work full time 35 hours plus 2 sleep ins per...View Job