Location: Brighton Head Office
Contract type: Full Time – Permanent
We are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to oversee the management of the Financial Control team, comprising of three Assistant Financial Accountants, who are responsible for the integrity of the general ledger for the UK and EU trading regions.
The role will involve the management of the month-end close, general ledger entries (revenue, payroll, overheads & marketing), variance analysis, ONS returns, balance sheet reporting, reconciliation and controls, monitoring of systems and processes, and relationship management with Commercial Finance teams across the Group. In addition, the Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for the accounting and reporting of Study Group’s fixed assets and IFRS16 right-of-use assets globally. The Senior Financial Accountant will assist the Financial Control Manager in reporting on the status and integrity of the balance sheet for the UK and EU and in preparing supporting documentation for the annual audit and the preparation of the statutory financial statements for these regions.
* Management of month-end results and month-end close for UKEU including revenue postings, accruals, prepayments, payroll and other general ledger journals.
* Liaise with the Commercial Finance team to investigate and explain monthly variances
* Maintain global fixed asset register, capitalisations, reconciliations and reporting
* Responsible for accounting entries and reconciliations globally under IFRS16 and reconciliation back to IAS17
* Responsible for the preparation of depreciation and amortisation forecasts
* Assist in the preparation of statutory financial statements for the UK
* Prepare schedules for the year-end audit and interim audit
* Prepare weekly cash flow forecast for GBP, EUR, SGD
* Review monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including debtors, unearned revenue, accruals and prepayments, and ensure differences are identified and resolved
* Assist in preparation of monthly reporting of balance sheet reconciliation status, identifying all risks and exposures on the balance sheet
* Troubleshoot on Study Global, Agresso and other systems-related issues as required
* Reconcile and confirm group intercompany balances at month end
* Ensure compliance with the company delegated authority procedures.
* Develop and maintain internal relationships, including with the following teams: Commercial Finance, Shared Services, Payroll, Group Finance
* Liaison with auditors at year-end.
* Build a productive working environment through constructive, regular and timely feedback with appropriate involvement, delegation and monitoring of staff
* Align the performance plans of staff to achieve financial objectives and evaluate the performance
* Encourage a culture of coaching, professional development and self-improvement
* ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified with 1-2 years post qualification.
* Experience of working in a large multinational organisation
* Experience in high volume, complex reconciliations
* Experience in working within a tight month-end close schedule
* Preparation of Financial Statements
* Using a range of finance/MI systems
* Team management experience
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Primary and Secondary Supply Teacher Required / Brighton / East Sussex Areas Class Cover are looking to recruit both experienced...View Job
Attention all Secondary Teachers in Brighton and Hove! Are you looking for: * Flexible working opportunities? * Great work-life balance?...View Job
Childcare Practitioner / Early Years Practitioner An amazing opportunity has come up at a stunning, outstanding rated nursery / preschool...View Job
English Graduates – Brighton Prospero Teaching are recruiting in Brighton for English graduates to work within our client school, supporting...View Job
PE Teacher Brighton, East Sussex £100 – £189 per day Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications, and contract...View Job