£24,000 - £30,000
35 hours per week (flexible working hours)
Closing date for applications – Monday 24th June
This role is exclusive to Pier Recruitment and all enquiries will be dealt with by them.
Are you an Executive Assistant interested in working for a local charity?
We are extremely excited to be assisting a local charity in their search for an EA.
Sussex Community Foundation raises funds for and gives grants to charities and community groups across Sussex and Brighton & Hove. It is part of a UK network of 46 community foundations.
The Foundation supports high net worth donors and local organisations to maximise their charitable giving and give back to their community by making grants to a vast range of local charities and community groups. The charity builds long term relationships with potential donors based on trust, confidentiality and professionalism.
Your role will be to support the Chief Executive, as strategic leader of the Foundation and as the key relationship builder with current and future donors.
The role demands a trustworthy, flexible person who is highly organised and has the ability to stay calm in a busy environment. The successful candidate will have experience as a PA or Executive Assistant, but thorough experience of administration and a proven ability to undertake a wide range of tasks is vital.
This is a great opportunity to work at the heart of a leading local charity making a big difference to the lives of people across Sussex.
* Provide general assistance, administration, correspondence and diary management to the Chief Executive
* Assist the Chief Executive’s to manage meetings and ensure that he is apprised of his itinerary for the day and week ahead and help to prioritise demands on his time as they arise
* Assist the Chief Executive to manage tasks and projects, including those delegated to other members of staff or external partners
* To be the first point of contact for the Chief Executive and to liaise confidently, effectively and professionally with internal and external customers – face to face, on the telephone or by email
* Develop and maintain filing systems for the Chief Executive and be responsible for the maintenance of storage and retrieval systems both computerised and manual.
* Prepare correspondence and reports on behalf of the Chief Executive, including compiling strategic progress reports.
* Prepare papers, presentations and information to assist the Chief Executive to be prepared for meetings, speeches and other events.
* Organise external meetings as required and make any necessary arrangements.
* Contribute to the maintenance of the digits database including data entry, reviewing and data cleansing as required
* Carry out financial administration, data entry and general administrative duties
* Undertake projects as delegated by the Chief Executive, including research, consultation and feasibility studies for new areas of work
* Significant administration experience, preferably with experience as a PA
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and other software packages and a high standard of presentation
Personal attributes and skills
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Able to assist the Chief Executive to organise his time, diary and communications
* Planning and organising multiple tasks and projects
* Diplomacy and ability to relate to people at all levels, within the team and externally
* Discretion to support the Chief Executive in handling confidential and complex matters
* Ability to undertake data entry to customer relations database and finance software
* Able to gather information, carry out research and write concise reports
* Able to take minutes and service committee meetings
* Ability work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone, email, online and interpersonal skills
* Excellent attention to detail
Please contact Emily Rudkin at Pier Recruitment for more information on (phone number removed) or email
Any CV’s sent in to any employee of Sussex Community, without having a pre-signed recruitment agreement them, will NOT be considered for any role and NO fee will be paid, even if Terms of Business are sent alongside the CV.
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service