Finance Officer (Accounts Payable and Payroll) ref. 1543
Just Brighton Jobs
Brighton, Brighton and Hove
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Finance Officer (Accounts Payable and Payroll) to manage the purchase ledger function and support the payroll specialist.
* Be responsible for the end to end processing of purchase invoices and supplier payments
* Be responsible for reconciling supplier statements and dealing with supplier queries
* Manage the legal invoice process in close liaison with the case team and lawyers
* Assist with the development and implementation of any purchase/payroll related policies
* Be the liaison point for Purchase ledger queries
* Continuously improve initiatives on purchase processes including the implementation of new processes.
* Provide support for the payroll function
* Process staff expenses, ensuring compliance with policy
* Provide accurate MI and reports as required
* Provide wider support to the finance team as required
* Experience in purchase management
* Understanding of Purchase to Pay and Financial systems
* Experience of payroll and expenses administration
* Knowledge and understanding HMRC rules & regulations
* Proactive and flexible
* Problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent Customer Service
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Personable and a team player
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £25,380, we offer:
* Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
* discretionary bonus arrangements
* access to performance related pay progression
* 25 days annual leave provision
* flexible working arrangements
* development opportunities
* enhanced parental leave arrangements
* a free employee assistance programme
* an excellent office location in Brighton.
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to the recruitment team.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email the recruitment team.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 23 June 2019.
Previous applicants need not apply