Salary £20,126 – £22,254 per annum
Hours: Full time – 37 hrs per week
Mon-Thu 8.30am – 4.30pm, Fri 8.30 – 4.00pm
Contract: Fixed term for 6 months initially
Eden Brown Education are working with a college in Brighton where are recruiting an IT Technician.
You will provide first line IT support to all users of the College IT facilities, ensuring systems are maintained and supported to the highest standards. You are required to install, setup and configure new IT equipment for users such as workstations, printers and scanners. You will assist the IT services team in projects at an appropriate level for the post: This will include:
? Playing an active role with other members of the Helpdesk team in maintaining the College's Open Access computer room, as well as providing direct support to students and staff with IT issues
? Data gathering, configuring and testing software and/or hardware, installation/replacement of equipment
? Providing IT training to staff
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* To be first point of contact for all callers/visitors to the IT Helpdesk and to ensure all support calls and requests are dealt with in a timely fashion and in line with agreed SLA's.
* To perform operational tasks, such as analysis and diagnosis of hardware and software problems installation replacement and testing of new/repaired hardware.
* To update and maintain detailed documentation relating to IT procedures and configuration.
* Maintain and update the IT asset register (desktop, hardware, software & peripherals) when equipment is installed, moved/transferred or disposed of.
* Keep users informed regarding the status of outstanding problems via the Helpdesk system, escalating any unsolved problems to a senior member of the team.
* To help maintain the Open Access facilities so that they are functional and presentable.
* Provide cover for other members of staff within the IT services team and the wider information systems department, including the cover of the Reprographics department.
* Provide training on IT systems and products to staff members, either 1:1 or on a group basis.
* Work with the IT services team to support the implementation of technical projects or development in IT including: data gathering configuring and testing software and/or hardware installation/replacement of equipment.
* There is a requirement to carry out work in cramped and awkward conditions on occasions. There will also be times when you will be required to carry heavy IT equipment (5KG – 20KG).
* You may be required to work some evenings to cover our Adult Education provision.
If you would like to find out more about this vacancy or other ones, please contact Eden brown Education.
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer
Scrum Masters: £45k – £65k+ Neg+ Bonus. Excellent benefits. Ref: 4110MA. South East: East Sussex / Kent (relocation assistance available):...View Job
Job Role: Analytics Manager – 12 month fixed term contract Location: Hybrid working model – office in Brighton centre Package:...View Job
Software Support Technician Full Time, Permanent Brighton £20,000 – £25,000 p.a. A well established Brighton based software company providing specialist...View Job
Role: Business Applications Support Skills: – Technical background in Dynamics or similar CRM applications, change requests, A good understanding of project...View Job
Our long term client based in Brighton are recruiting for a Junior Data Analyst to join their expanding and successful...View Job