Here at TPA we are very excited to be able offer the position of Project Manager, Hybrid working with a highly competitive salary and desirable staff benefits.
We are dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. We provide an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Our Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. We have approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Project Manager in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities?
At our site in Brighton, we are part of Release Systems and the Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain. We specialise in high performance electro-mechanical systems and pneumatic technology for airborne weapon carriage release.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager to manage a broad range of activities to successfully execute programmes to achieve contracted delivery, cost and quality targets through the full programme lifecycle, from bid through to programme completion. As Project Manager you will be responsible to drive multi-functional teams through the design, development, test, qualification and production/manufacture of mission critical Defence and Aerospace products.
There will be a requirement to participate in continuous improvement activities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the Project Management Office (PMO), and to contribute to the improvement of formal process and procedures for a portfolio of challenging design and development engineering programmes.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to be a key contributor to the development and continuous improvement of a highly efficient Programmes department.
What you’ll bring
The role of Project Manager require the following experience and skills:
* Experience working within project/programme management within a complex highly regulated industry managing both internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience of managing multi-skilled teams through challenging customer requirements, whilst motivating and managing the project team members.
* Formal relevant qualification/accreditation or equivalent project/programme management experience to highlight competency
* Knowledge of product design and development governance and qualification
* Excellent commercial skills and experience
* Evidence of excellent client and stakeholder relationships and ability to develop new ones
* Developing project plans and schedules from first principles using Microsoft Project
* A Degree or HNC in an aerospace/defence engineering discipline – highly desirable but not essential
* A working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) – desirable but not essential
* Knowledge & experience of a successful PMO bid & proposal management – desirable but not essential
* Managing programme management reviews – desirable but not essential
* Previous experience in the Defence/Aerospace sector – desirable but not essential.
We value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
* Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
* 12pm finish on a Friday
* Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
* 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
* Private medical insurance
* Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
* Training and development opportunities
* Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
To hear more about this excellent company and opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss salary and in more detail
Do you want to work for one of the market leading consultancies? Passionate about your work and experience in highways...View Job
Role: Project Manager Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 per annum + bonus + vehicle or allowance and benefits Location: Flexible –...View Job
Here at TPA we are very excited to be able offer the position of Senior Systems Safety Engineer with a...View Job
Senior Landscape Architect – Brighton Flexible working Our Client is a leading landscape architecture and engineering consultancy who are passionate...View Job
Landscape Architect Brighton We are currently looking for Landscape Architect to join our team based at our Penguin Recruitment's Clients...View Job