Food Technician Required for a Secondary School in East Sussex Monday to Friday (Term time only)
Are you looking for a Food Technician post from September?
Do you have experience of catering/food preparation?
Even if you don't but this job sounds of interest, please get in touch as full training can be provided by the school
Food Technician Required for East Sussex based Secondary School
Your new company
Hays Education are working with an East Secondary school looking for a permanent Food Technician from September 2022. They are based on the coast of East Sussex around 15 minutes from Brighton
Your new role:
This role is Monday – Friday 8.15 – 4.30 during term time.
Reporting directly to the Head of Food Technology, you will be responsible for supporting the teaching staff and students within the department.
Specific day to day duties are:
* To help source and weigh out ingredients for students
* To help set up staff demonstrations
* To supervise students dropping off and retrieving food items in the food rooms
* To act in a support role to the teacher during practical work with particular awareness of health & safety issues
* To assist students during practical work with the preparation and cooking of food items plus clearing and cleaning of equipment/work areas
* To oversee dishes which require further cooking and ensuring that the room is left cleaned and clear if the teacher must leave for another lesson, etc
* To store ingredients and food items appropriately
* To rotate the laundry from all food/catering rooms
* To prepare the rooms and equipment for practical lessons
* To support extra-curricular activities e.g. cookery club
* To undertake general administrative duties for teaching staff, e.g. photocopying
* To report any maintenance or safety issues to the teaching staff
* To undertake training as appropriate, to develop skills and knowledge of food hygiene
* To be proactive in understanding and acting on all school policies in relation to safeguarding of children and young people and adults who work with them
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role you will need:
* qualification to GCSE level or equivalent including English and Maths
* an awareness of Health and Safety Guidelines and Codes, in accordance with agreed practice
* a proven ability to provide technical support during practical cookery lessons
You will be an excellent communicator, able to work well with different groups of people. You will be well organised and IT proficient particularly in MS office packages.
Relevant certificates in food preparation and safety would be an advantage, as would experience of working with young people although training can be provided in these areas.
Placement in this role will depend upon completing an enhanced DBS check.
What you'll get in return
Working with Hays Education you will be supported by a dedicated consultant who will help you through the application process as well as remaining a point of contact during placement. You will benefit from competitive rates of pay based on the scale of the role you accept and will accrue holiday allowance as you work. You will have access to Hays online CPD Training Courses.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Primary and Secondary Supply Teacher Required / Brighton / East Sussex Areas Class Cover are looking to recruit both experienced...View Job
Senior Account Executive This fast-paced digital-first agency has grown from three to more than 44 staff in the space of...View Job
Supply Teaching Assistants Required / Brighton and Hove / West/East Sussex Class Cover are looking to recruit both Teaching Assistants...View Job
Supply Teacher Required / Brighton and Hove / Sussex Areas Class Cover are looking to recruit both experienced and newly...View Job
Contract type: Full time, permanent Location: Brighton JOB OVERVIEW We are Study Group. We are a global leader in international...View Job