Contract Type: Full time, permanent
We are looking for a PHP Developer join our team. In this role you will support Study Group’s learning systems (Moodle and Totara) and associated online learning systems and infrastructure. The role responds to requests for support received via the Service Desk and will work with the Application Support Team to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve application issues. You will also be required to perform proactive maintenance and management to ensure the maximum possible up-time for all learning systems.
* To provide end-user support for all learning systems (Moodle and Totara), and act as a point of escalation for end-user issues that have been triaged by the wider Application Support or Local IT Operations teams.
* Provide end-user support for all Study Group applications, and act as a point of contact and response for end-user issues.
* The tasks contained within this responsibility revolve around the use of a service desk system to prioritise and respond to issues, perform troubleshooting, provide support, and escalate issues when required.
* The described functions of the responsibility should be undertaken constantly and with a high priority. Response and resolution times are defined as SLAs and should be adhered to.
* To ensure end-users have consistent access and functionality across all learning systems, constant administration, maintenance, and monitoring is required. The maintenance and monitoring of the learning systems and infrastructure upon which they reside forms a core part of this responsibility. High availability and uptime standards need to be recognised as the learning systems form an integral part of Study Group and its core business.
* The administration component requires careful management of permissions, configuration changes, and implementation of new features while adhering to change control policies. The maintenance and monitoring is undertaken using a variety of automatic and manual procedures via both hardware and software.
* Urgently responding to alerts from monitoring systems may be necessary at times.
* Ensure that regular security/permission level audits are undertaken for the learning systems.
* The review, installation, upgrade of custom developed or open-source Moodle/Totara plugins.
* Responsible for the process of reviewing, testing and upgrading Moodle and Totara minor/major versions across development, staging and production environments in line with planned maintenance schedules.
* Development work may require a combination of solo development work, working with external contractors completing development work, and implementing developmental changes to the appropriate environments according to change control policy.
* Communicate fully and effectively with colleagues throughout the incident lifecycle, ensuring that staff are updated at all stages of the incident.
* Assist with managing business communication regarding software change, downtime and upgrades.
* Build specialist knowledge of Study Group’s applications.
* Document and share knowledge and best practise with other IT staff.
* At least diploma level IT qualified or equivalent experience
* Proven experience working with the administration and development of the Moodle platform or in the absence of Moodle experience, extensive PHP knowledge and experience as an alternative
* Experience working with the Totara platform would be advantageous
* Moodle LMS administration and development or equivalent would be advantageous
* Totara LMS administration and development or equivalent would be advantageous
* Linux knowledge, focused on Ubuntu Server would be advantageous
* Linux based web server platforms (Apache, NGINX, PHP, MySQL would be advantageous)
* Experience with Git & CI/CD practices would be advantageous
* Experience with VMware environments would be advantageous
About Study Group
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Primary and Secondary Supply Teacher Required / Brighton / East Sussex Areas Class Cover are looking to recruit both experienced...View Job
Senior Account Executive This fast-paced digital-first agency has grown from three to more than 44 staff in the space of...View Job
Supply Teaching Assistants Required / Brighton and Hove / West/East Sussex Class Cover are looking to recruit both Teaching Assistants...View Job
Supply Teacher Required / Brighton and Hove / Sussex Areas Class Cover are looking to recruit both experienced and newly...View Job
Contract type: Full time, permanent Location: Brighton JOB OVERVIEW We are Study Group. We are a global leader in international...View Job