- Date Posted:
- Recruiter: Via CV-Library
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary:£70000/annum GBP
Our Finance Team is critical in ensuring the integrity, completeness, and accuracy of our accounting records and reports. Reporting to the Finance Director, our Financial Accounting Manager is expert in month end reporting, accounting, tax and consolidation. As well as completing consolidation, reporting and forecasts, you’ll manage a small team to ensure seamless day-to-day delivery of accounts receivable/payable, banking transactions and our procurement process. You’ll have a keen eye for detail and be diligent in your work. Using your knowledge and experience to ensure we adhere to reporting standards and are financially compliant.
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, adhering to deadlines
• Month-end accounting process and close for all subsidiaries including consolidation
• Management of the year end Audit process and relationship with external auditors
• Driving a high performing team, motivating and supporting others to achieve personal and business success through provision of clear direction and effective leadership
• Promoting an adaptable and resilient team through championing change initiatives and driving continuous improvement
• Ensuring compliance with the company’s Data Protection, Information Security, Health & Safety, Dignity at Work and IT Acceptable Use policies and associated procedures at all times.
• Preparation of year end audit schedules and consolidation.
• Preparing and managing deferral costs, prepayments, accruals, accrued Income. Collaborating with FP&A Manager on revenue allocation.
• Preparing and submitting UK VAT, corporation and employee tax to agreed deadline
• Preparation of India tax reporting on equalisation and withholding tax or submission to Accountants.
• Managing and preparing Inter-company journals and reconciliations as well as monthly currency translation and revaluation.
• Successfully implement change and improvement initiatives process and systems.
• Planning and preparing for annual budget process working collaboratively with internal stakeholders
• Effective day to day running of the team including work allocation, resource planning. Support, motivate, and coach your team in the delivery of exceptional levels of performance
• Providing timely and constructive feedback ensuring all probation reviews, check-ins and performance reviews are completed within agreed timescales and documented.
• Identify training and development needs, working collaboratively with others to implement personal development and/or improvement plans for team members.
• Manage performance, absence, welfare and conduct issues in line with company policy and procedure. Escalate any persistent issues and seek timely advice and guidance.
• Cascade and share key information and business updates to the team constructively and in a timely manner through regular team huddles and monthly team meetings, encouraging face to face contact.
Key skills, qualifications, and experience
• 3+ years’ experience in similar role which includes people management
• ACCA/CIMA qualified
• Netsuite/oracle or similar ERP accounting system experience essential
• Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Beneficial: Background in professional services
Candidates need to be within commuting distance of the Brighton office. Occasional remote working will be considered.
Vero Screening recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role.
A basic criminal record check with DBS will be required for all successful applicants, having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working with us. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances of your offences.
Location: Brighton, East Sussex (Currently a mix of office and remote working)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: up to £70,000 per annum
Benefits: Healthcare, pension, local discounts, and 22 days (rising to 25 days) annual leave plus bank holidays
You may have experience of the following: Corporate Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting Manager, Finance Controller, Senior Accounting Manager, Group Finance Manager, Consolidation Manager, Finance and Accounting Supervisor, Financial Operations Manager, Accounting Team Lead, Financial Control Manager, Senior Accountant etc.
REF-(Apply online only)