- Date Posted:
- Recruiter: Via CV-Library
- Location:The City of Brighton and Hove
- Job Type: Part Time
- Salary:£12.33/hour GBP
Brighton College is seeking to appoint Invigilators to start as soon as possible. In return, you will receive a competitive hourly rate of £12.33 per hour, including holiday pay.
About the Invigilators role:
In this role you will work within an experienced team of invigilators conducting internal and external exams, ensuring that all candidates have an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities and that all regulations are adhered to. You will also carry out other exam related duties as instructed by the Senior Exams Administrator (SEA) and the Head of Examinations.
* Applicants should be available throughout the academic year, particularly the summer months.
* Invigilation shifts typically vary between half days and full days, depending upon the exams being sat.
Key Responsibilites as an Invigilator:
* Conduct internal (including mock exams and admissions tests) and external exams in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ), awarding body and Brighton College regulations and instructions
* To have a key role in ensuring that the exam process is conducted in a fair and secure manner
* Report to and be briefed by the SEA prior to each exam session.
* Keep confidential exam question papers and materials secure before, during and after exams.
* Ensure exam rooms are set up according to the requirements outlined by JCQ and the awarding bodies and complete the pre-exam checklist.
* Supervise and observe candidates at all times and be vigilant throughout exams, dealing with candidate questions according to the regulations.
* Keep disruption in exam rooms to a minimum and deal with emergencies, irregularities/suspected malpractice or disruptions effectively. Recording and reporting all instances of these to the SEA/Head of Examinations.
* Instruct candidates in finishing their exams (including the printing and signing of typed scripts) and then collect exam scripts and materials. Check candidates’ names on scripts match the details on the attendance register and then dismiss candidates from the exam room. Securely return all exam scripts and materials to the exams officer
* This role will involve daily contact with pupils, and you will be engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
* All staff and volunteers have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
Holiday entitlement is included in the hourly pay rate for this role.
* Complimentary lunch is provided.
* Free tickets to the College's music, dance and drama performances.
* Access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library.
* Job specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees.
* Life Cover is provided to eligible employees whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period.
* Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within three months of employment
INVIGILATOR RECRUITMENT EVENT AT BRIGHTON COLLEGE
We would be delighted to provide more information over coffee and pastries on SATURDAY 25 NOVEMBER from 10am-1pm.
There is no need to book. We look forward to seeing you.
There will be a presentation at the following times: 10.30am, 11.15am, 12pm.
Address: Brighton College, Eastern Road, Brighton, BN2 0AL (There is no parking available onsite. Easily accessible by local buses).
If you are interested in joining our community, and think you have the skills needed to join us as one of our Invigilators please click apply today! We would love to hear from you